Chapter 40

Charles moaned in his sleep. He opened his eyes as he blinked away the sleep to show a dark area, a single light blared in his eyes.

"Why didn't we just kill him?" A man asked. "Because, I have my reasons with him." Another spat. The first man sighed in disgust as Charles began to gather his bearings. The other man jumnped down and smacked his face.

"Wakey Wakey Charlie!!!" He shouted. Charles shook his head as he glanced up and saw Jackson.

"Jackson, you son of a bitch!" He spat struggling against his bonds. He tried to turn into the Rider but realized he couldn't.

"What the?" "Oh about that, ya see, I kinda picked up a few tricks in Hell. But you won't be going Ghost for a while." He said glancing to the floor. Charles leaned over his chair, looking at the floor to see writing and drawings under him.

"That there, is a Devil's Trap. Designed to trap demons."Jackson said with a grin. "Why aren't you affected? You're more of a demon that him." Charles said.

"That is where you are wrong pumpkin, you see, I'm a mortal soul. No longer tethered to a Rider like you are." Jackson said booping his nose.

"Then-" Charles started. "Yup, me and you have our 'special' time with each other." He finished. Charles rubbed his wrists against his bonds, trying desperately to free himself.

"That's not gonna help you sweet pea, I've got you all to myself. No Overwatch, no Angel, no one is going to save you." Jackson said as he pulled over a cart filled with various tools and gadgets.

"Jackson, maybe we can talk about this." Charles stuttered. "We tried talking, that resulted in me being in a coma for a few months, forced to see all those images. I can't make you see those, but I can make you feel it." He replied grabbing a knife. He twirled it in his hand as he walked over to his captive and placed the smooth line of the knife on Charles's cheek and drew it slowly across it.

"But, I don't want anything, before you ask. I just want to see you squeal." Jackson said as he turned. Charles's heart was beating fast. Before he could say anything, Jackson turned and jabbed the sharp knife into his leg. A loud scream escaped Charles's mouth. His captor grinning and laughing like a mad man.

"Oh, your screams fill me with joy! But don't worry baby, we're just getting started." Jackson said as he removed the knife and looked at the blood.

"Oh boy, I'm having so much fun, how about you?" He asked still looking at the knife. Charles breathed heavily as he tried to put his mind away from the pain in his leg. Jackson tossed the knife away and grabbed a hammer. He walked over and patted Charles's head with it.

"This won't hurt a bit." He said raising the hammer and slamming it down on his hand, shattering the bone.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" Charles screamed in agony. "That will happen, bones are good, but when against matter greater than them. Well you get the idea." Jackson said. He grabbed his hand and squeezed, forcing tears out of Charles's eyes.

"What's this? Is the great 'Ghost Rider' crying? Never pegged you one." Jackson said. "I-I'm not crying, my eyes are burning at how disgusting you are." Charles said with a smirk.

"Hmm, funny, let's see how long that pride of yours can last." Jackson growled. He backhanded Charles as blood spattered on the floor. Charles turned and laughed.

"Oh, you've changed. You've became more of a bitch than before." He said. Jackson walked to his cart and placed brass knuckles on his hands. He walked over and punched Charles in the cheek, causing his jaw to dislocate.