Chapter 4: Prayers Being Answered

“So, what did you do after I left last night?” Jess asked me we were on our way to lunch and I had been nothing but smiles all day. The text message that Chad had sent me last night had sent me over the edge of happiness. I used to hate him but now all I could think about was how great he is.

“Nothing really, once I got home I was so exhausted from the day’s events that I went upstairs and just passed out.” I said not really wanting to talk. I was seriously acting like a love sick puppy.

“Oh….so did he call you last night?” hmm funny she would ask that I almost chuckled to myself. I didn’t even answer her question just got my cell out and showed her the text message. “Okay maybe I was a little wrong about him.” She laughed

“Damn right you were, I told you he was nothing but sweet to me last night and promised that he would help me through the entire thing.” I said

“I know, it’s just you have to be skeptical with this day and age. You know how people are so when someone who is only 19 gets a girl pregnant and then come to find out he is okay with it you have to wonder a little bit.” She said I could still tell that she was skeptical about him. As if on cue Chad text me.

Chad-Hey what are you doing tonight?

Me- Nothing prob sittin rnd the house by myself.

Chad- Mind if I come ovr?

Me- yeah sure no prob…. I get out of school at 2:55 you can come ovr any time after that.

Chad- K ill be at ur house at 3:30

“So, is Mr. Perfect coming over after school?” Jess asked

“Yup, I can’t freaking wait!! I’m so excited.” I said after that we ate lunch in silence I could tell Jess was mad at me but I didn’t want her ruining my good mood so I just decided I wasn’t going to talk to her today. I was in a good mood and I didn’t want her bringing me down.

At 3:15 I was pacing the living room waiting for him to get there. I couldn’t sit still I was so excited. I was wondering what he wanted to do. On my way home I had stopped by the video store and picked up We Bought A Zoo, so we could watch it. I had been wanting to see it since it went into theatres but I couldn’t talk anyone in to going with me. They all said it was to babyish and they didn’t want to pay money to go see a movie that they already knew there were going to hate. Me on the other hand loved kid movies, and was a huge sucker for animals hence the reason I work at the vet clinic on Saturdays.

There was a knock at the door and I rushed over to answer it. Sure enough it was Chad and he was wearing some of what I could only imagine were designer jeans and a Hurley T-shirt. His goatee was neatly trimmed and he was wearing a pair of brown flip flops. Damn was this boy hot

“Hey, come on in.” I greeted. Chad walked in and grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a kiss.