Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"So, how was your date last night? Jess asked with excitement clear in her voice.

"It wasn't really a date, we just hung out." I retorted back trying to get the point across that I really didn't want to talk about it.

"Sure it wasn't, if it wasn't a date, then what did you do?" she asked.

"Well, he came over and cooked a really good meal, it was steak and potatoes you know the whole nine yards but I got sick when I tried to eat it. The smell of the steak just sent me over the edge. After that he insisted on making me a salad and then we watched We Bought A Zoo since my best friend wouldnt' watch it with me." I told her rolling my eyes.

"Mand, I don't know what you call a date, but clearly last night you were on a date with Chad. No guy would ever cook for a girl if they were just hanging out." she laughed.

"Whatever, can we please just talk about something else!" I said annoyance clear in my voice.

"Wow, moody much." she said as she walked off.

I knew Jess wasn't mad at me, but we did this when we got sick of each other we would just walk off without explaining to the other one why. We just knew when one of us walked off that they were annoyed and didn't want to deal with it anymore.

I walked to class by myself because at school I didn't have any other friends besides Jess. What I wouldn't give to have Chad here with me. I walked to first hour biology and just laid my head down on the desk. I knew that Mrs. Kent wouldn't care seeing as I had straight A's in her classes as well as in all of my other classes. I felt someone sit down next to me as the air from the plopping down in their seat hit me. I looked up to reveal a very irritated John Hemsworth looking back at me.

"Is there a problem?" I asked. Clearly not understanding what I did to get this look from him.

"Um lets just put it this way, your sitting in my girlfriends seat and I would appreciate it if you moved your scrawny ass." he said which really pissed me off.

What came over me next I had no idea I was even capable of. "Excuse me, I didn't know there was arranged seats in this class. As far as I knew it's free rein as to where you want to sit. If you and Miss....." I looked up to see who his current girlfriend of the week was. "Duncan weren't so busy making out before you made it to class you would have been able to sit together. Guess you'll know better next time." I said getting a couple snickers from people in the classroom and an exasperated snort from Kassey Duncan. Clearly she was pissed off. I laid my head back down on my desk and just ignored the whispers coming from people in the classroom about them not believing what i just did.

When class was over I got up and walked out of the classroom. Just when I was about to turn the corner. Someone grabbed the collar of my shirt and flung me into the lockers. They had me held there, when I looked up to meet the persons eye's I was greeted with a very pissed off Kassey. "Listen here you little bitch.. Mock me one more time in class and I swear I will beat you to a bloody pulp. GOT IT!" She all but screamed.

"Oh, Yeah I got it." I rolled my eyes and tried to walk off like I could really give a shit about her damn threats. I made it two steps before she grabbed my hair and pulled me back to her. I turned around and slapped her across the face and she hurled her fist back and punched me square in the eye. The only thing I remember was falling to the floor, then everything went black.

When I woke up I was in the nurses office, Jess was standing over me with a worried expression on her face. "What the hell?" I managed to choke out, my head was pounding and I couldn't even open my right eye. Damn it Kassy you stupid whore, I thought to myself.

I tried to sit up but hands were on me immediately pushing me back down. I followed the tan muscular arms up to the persons face and was surprised to see Chad here. "Chad, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well when that girl knocked you out the nurse called your house and I was there. I saw on the caller ID that it was the school so I picked it up. When I heard what had happened I came straight here." he said with a small smile

"Oh, yeah the stupid.....you know what." I had to hold back the word I truley wanted to use because the nurse was in the room.

"Yeah, anyways now that your awake I can take you home so do you want me to carry you?" he asked.

I just laughed. "Thanks Chad for being so nice, but......I think i can manage to walk." I said while standing up slowly.

The nurse walked over to us and gave us a quick glance over. Chad had his arms wrapped around my waist to keep me steady. "Now Mandy, I know your situation at home so i'm just going to let you go home without calling your parents. I assume Chad here can take you home.?" the nurse said.

"Yes ma'am, thank you." I said.

"I'll be sure to have Jess pick up your school work for you and take it to you at the end of the day. I expect you to be back in school Monday, is that clear." she said clearly not wanting to send me home in the first place.

"Yes ma'am your very clear, I'll be here first thing Monday morning." I said as Chad led me out of the room and to his car.

The car ride home was silent, but when we made it in the doors Chad finally spoke. "I never pegged you as the fighting type." he said annoyance clearly in his voice.

"I'm usually not, I just don't know what came over me. Then she threatened me and I rolled my eyes and that's when she grabbed my hair. I couldn't help my self from hitting her, I guess she just go the better of me." I said.

Chad just laughed. "Yeah, she sure did but you don't need to be getting in fights Mand, your carrying a child. I know that the baby was a mistake but I still don't want it to be harmed." he said.

"I know Chad, i'm sorry I just acted on instinct. Next time I'll stop myself from getting in a fight I promise." I smiled

"Yeah, you better." Chad chuckled and closed the distance between us and put his hand on my stomach. "I don't want this baby of ours to be harmed."

"You have my word I will never put our child in harms way again. Am I forgiven?" I asked while biting on my bottom lip.

Chad grabbed a hold of my face and pulled me in for a kiss. Sending chills up my spine and through my body. "Your forgiven." he smiled.

****************

I put this up for wattyawards so please vote and comment!!