Chapter 8: Creating New Ties

Start from the beginning

Papyrus got up from the stairs and walked over to the couch. "Okay, can we please find a way to get my brother back?" He paced around anxiously and muttered words under his breath.

Ink nodded. "We should come up with a plan."

A ridiculous thought came to mind as you couldn't believe you were volunteering, but guilt held you long enough. "Why don't I just serve as bait again?" Papyrus and Ink turn to your direction with shocked expressions.

"No way!" They both yelled in unison. Ink held the expression of actual worry while Papyrus held one more of skepticism. You felt your ear twitch subconsciously, worried you said something wrong.

"It's just that, I find it hard to believe that you would risk doing that to save my brother after tricking me once, even with the threat of Error" Papyrus explains. "Why would you want to get my brother back?"

Your ears flatten sadly. Of course, you couldn't blame him for thinking that. "He was kind to me and didn't deserve to be captured," you answered truthfully. "I honestly didn't know what Error's intent was, but I would've tried convincing him otherwise."

Papyrus made a face and Ink stared at you blankly. "Convincing him otherwise? There isn't a 'convincing Error'. What did he do to you?"

You tilted your head, ears still flattened but your expression held confusion. You return the stare, switching glances back and forth between the skeletons. "What's do you mean? He didn't do anything," you replied slowly, aware of the growing tension radiating off them both.

"Are you sure?" You felt Ink start to tense up beside you. His blank gaze gave away nothing but his pinprick-like pupils glowed dully. It was obvious he was lost in his thoughts and looking for a reason or an answer, but what question was he so desperately trying to find the answer to? His blankness put you on edge as your fur stood on end.

Papyrus coughed nervously, clearly uncomfortable with interrupting the silent interaction. Ink kind of snapped out of it as he was brought back into reality and stared at Papyrus.

"How did Error," Papyrus coughed once again awkwardly, struggling to say what he was thinking, "act towards you?"

You made a blank and confused face. "Err... what?"

"Don't make me repeat that again," Papyrus sighed, (making this face ---> 😓. I don't normally use emojis but I don't know how to describe that expression).

You desperately dug around in your mind for thoughts or in anyway Error acted suspiciously around you. The only thing you could recall suspicious about Error was how he would eventually space out and or how he would be patient to you at times. 'But are you really going to tell them about those tiny details?' Your conscious questioned you and you mentally shrug, answering with a 'Why not?' I mean, the tiniest of details could be important right?

You quickly explain the tiny things you've noticed from Error, and Ink and Papyrus exchanged hesitant glances.

"Error being patient?" Papyrus questioned dubiously.

"Error doesn't normally space out, ever," Ink commented doubtfully.

Something was definitely different as the behaviors both sides (your's and their's) claimed were quite different. This puzzled you as you scratched your neck with your hind leg in confusion.

"We should focus on making a plan to get Papyrus's brother back, as weird as Error's actions may be," Ink piped up suddenly. Papyrus let out a sigh of relief and you nodded in agreement. Pondering about something strange should probably be after rescuing Sans from his predicament.

"Okay, so we can agree that my full intention is to bring Sans back safe and I should be completely fine? Good, let's go," you leaped down from the sofa without waiting for a response and headed towards the door.

"Wait," Papyrus cut you off. "Isn't Error's main plan to lure in Ink with my brother? Why would we be handing him that satisfaction?"

You cleared you throat formally as Ink decided to join in and listen. "So here is what I'm thinking: I'll stand as bait, as agreed, in the void, wandering around as if I returned. Error will believe this because I'll tell him I fooled the both of you into believing I was trying to help while I actually assisted Error."

"What if that was on your agenda the whole time?" Papyrus interrupted.

"Just listen first, questions later," you huffed impatiently. "After he takes the bait, I tell him Ink should be arriving soon and as Error is too focused on having the jump on Ink, Papyrus can take Sans and leave, but Ink would have to do some distracting and battling."

"What if his attention is averted off me and onto Papyrus?" Ink asked.

"I'll let out a howl that should take Error by surprise or I'll try distracting Error myself. I know this is a risky plan, but Sans might not be having the best time of his life right now." You nodded and they returned the nod as well.

"Okay, one trip to the void it is," Ink said as he stood up. He created a portal right to the vast white expanse of the antivoid.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading! Wolf, out~