Chapter 8: Creating New Ties

Start from the beginning

You nodded slowly. "He took us back to the void after saving me from eminent doom and that's where he set his trap. Error knew about your daily visits to the void, your interest in me, and your personal relation with Sans and Papyrus," you nodded in Ink's direction.

Ink made a face of concentration. "Why would Error want to lure me in? He's been always aiming for the other universes and trying to avoid me with every chance he gets."

"He said he wanted to destroy you once and for all. To get rid what's keeping him from his goal," you wince uneasily.

Ink flinched, recalling the battle, and nodded slowly. "And we can assume that his goal is to destroy the other universes," he muttered.

"Does she even know about the other universes and multiple timelines?" Papyrus asks skeptically.

Ink shook his head. "I'm not sure what Error has told her yet," he sighs.

"I have a name you know," you grumbled under your breath and both gazes turned to you.

"And that is...?" Papyrus asked.

You let out a huff. "Y/n, call me Y/n."

"Y/n..." Ink said thoughtfully with a smile, trying it aloud.

You felt your fur warm up uncomfortably so you changed the topic back. "Anyways, Error only explained a few things such as how you were the creator and protector of these 'alternate universes' and how he wanted the clear them out which I'm not very familiar with. That's-- actually about it..." you explained. "Is that part of the reason why you call Sans, Swap Sans?"

Ink and Papyrus exchanged glances and Ink looked back at you. "Well you see..." Ink started, "this isn't the original universe. This is an alternate universe called Underswap, making this Sans and Papyrus Underswap Sans and Papyrus. In the original, Sans is the more relaxed, pun-telling brother while Papyrus is the more hyper of the two."

You tilted your head in confusion. It wasn't because of the fact that Ink was pretty much making altered duplicates of an original universe or world but it was because you definitely couldn't imagine a lazy Sans and an energetic Papyrus.

"Wait... then where did you come from?" You asked Ink and he just gives a nervous smile.

"I'm not quite sure myself but I found Undertale, the original universe, and I made many altered ones but there are very few monsters that I made without a universe," he ended sadly.

"And don't tell my brother once we get him back," Papyrus interrupted urgently. You nodded uncertainly but nodded nonetheless.

"Oh, and I have one more question. Since there are apparently Sanses and Papyruses which I presume are the only skeletons of each universe, why do you look like a Sans but... different?" You fumbled over your words, trying to make sense out of them.

"Because I am technically a Sans," he grinned. "I'm supposed to go as Ink Sans but I prefer being called by Ink because, as you can see, there are many others Sanses and each usually prefer being called differently if they're with another Sans or Papyrus. Same with Error."

Your head spun at the concept and you found it strange. "Then where is your Papyrus?" You immediately regret the words you spoke as soon as you saw Ink's smile falter and Papyrus give you a warning glare. "Of course, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," you sputtered quickly.

"No, it's fine. It's just that, some Sanses and Papyruses are created without a brother or were taken away from them because of their timeline." Ink cast his gaze down and you nuzzled his hand reassuringly. He looked up and smiled back weakly.