6

a/n AHH IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG! But I did write you a 3.4k word chapter to make up for it. Enjoy :)

**PROMPT**: "Who did this to you?"

**PAIRING**: Johnny Cade X Dallas Winston

**POV**: Mixed

**WORD COUNT**: 3.4k

**SUMMARY**: after being recovered from the football field where the Socs beat his friend Johnny, Dally is forced to take him back to his room at Buck's for the night. (Takes place when Johnny gets beaten up by the Socs)

**TRIGGER WARNINGS**: Being beaten up, anxiety attack, reclaimed slur (queer)

DALLY'S POV

"Come on, Dal, arm wrestle me!" Two Bit called from across the Curtis house. I smirked, slamming my beer bottle down on the coffee table, striding confidently towards Two Bit, who was leaning against the counter.

"1,2,3, go." Two Bit almost had me beat before the words had even escaped his lips. Luckily, I regained the elevation he already had on me, before eventually winning the arm wrestle.

I shouted whoops and hollers of victory, Two Bit shrugging before taking another gulp of beer. I grabbed my own bottle from the coffee table, heading out to the porch for a smoke.

I pulled out my cigarette pack and lighter absentmindedly. I shoved my shoulder into the Curtis house sticky door, sending it open with ease, a maneuver I had picked up over time. Sometimes even Sodapop had to stop and push for a minute to get it open.

Leaning against the handrail, I light my cigarette before taking a long drag, attempting to blow smoke rings. A few were successful, but the others were flops. I waved my hand into the smoke, dispersing the rings into nothing.

I stood like that for a few minutes, perfectly content blowing my smoke rings in the peace and quiet. It was peaceful to me, the smell of smoke gently permeating the air, embedding itself into my clothes and skin. It was a nice change for me to smell like something other than sweat and blood in the Tulsa heat.

Sylvia used to love to steal my jackets if I was going off to jail, she said she loved that they smelled like me, which she described as sweat, smoke, and hair grease. I winced and the memory. Thinking of Sylvia was like rubbing salt into a fresh wound. I'd caught her two-timing me while I was in jail this last time, which was only for a matter of three weeks, but during such a short window of time she still hit on the smallest and weakest of the gang besides Pony, Johnny Cade. That was the last straw for me, I don't plan on seeing her again any time soon.

I ran an angry fist through my hair, proceeding to shake off the grease. What was wrong with me? Was I, for some reason, not good enough? I tried my best to be a good boyfriend, even if I may not have acted like it. I remembered how my chest had swelled with pride when Syl had started wearing my Christopher around. The look of joy on her face when I surprised her on Valentine's Day lat year with flowers and some cheap chocolates. It wasn't loads, but I had paid for it myself and got what I could afford.

A scream echoed throughout the neighborhood that made my heart skip a beat and blood run cold. My head snapped towards the park, looking for who has caused a shriek full of such terror.

It wasn't a surprise when after a few minutes, a group of six or so socs emerged from the park grounds, each wearing a sweater vest or a madras ski jacket. They were laughing to each other and jumping around as if they had just won the lottery. I rolled my eyes. Some kid had probably gotten his ass handed to him, and I wasn't gonna step it and interfere.

The loud radio and tv from inside the ever buzzing Curtis house, each member of the gang filing out of the house, eyebrows knitted in confusion. I shrugged before taking a long drag off my cigarette.