Chapter 1

A/N: Let's start fresh, shall we?

On this court you can have whatever your heart desires.

High rollers giving you cash just to dance for them?
You've got it.

Want a chance to perform in front of thousands of people?
You've got it.

Enjoy the thrills of what the NBA world has to offer?
You've definitely got it.

Demi Lovato had been dancing since she was three years old and never wanted anything more than to be a Lakers dancer once she finished high school. She trained so hard for the position that she has on this team. Dancing runs through the young woman's blood. In fact, her mother was the first Lakers dancer to step foot onto the basketball court back in 1988.

Besides dancing in front of millions of people each week, being in the NBA has its perks. Free gym memberships, free hair appointments, a pretty good salary, and so much more.

While the perks are good, we cannot not forget the cons.

Rigorous schedules, practice everyday for nearly three hours straight, and having no choice but to wake up at six every morning. What's a social life?

Dancers also cannot do anything that will cause headlines. They have precious reputations to protect.

What's something that will cause a headline?
Dating an NBA player.

Ms. Demi Lovato, a dancer on the Los Angeles Lakers dance team broke the most important rule when she started dating Tremaine Neverson, the co-captain of the Los Angeles Lakers NBA team.

Do you think hiding this secret for the past three years has been easy? Lies would be told if it was.

The two have been playing an exhausting game of planning secret meeting spots and trying to avoid the security cameras in the arena. It is as if all eyes are on either of the two, 24/7.

How long and how well can they hide this little secret?

6:30PM, Trey's mansion in Beverly Hills.

"You players have it so easy and can get away with the slightest offense. Y'all are allowed to party with whomever, be in a random music video, have women all on your arms. We don't share the same rules, Trey. I have a reputation to protect. This is my career. If I even mention that you and I are dating, let alone talking, I'm going to be kicked off the Lakers." Demi argues, tears threaten to spill.

She crosses her arms and looks down at the wooden floor of Tremaine's kitchen, barefoot, in one of Trey's sweatshirts and a pair of leggings.

Trey nods his head and lets out a deep rooted sigh.

The pair had been arguing about this situation for two nights now.

"If you get kicked off the team, I can easily get you back on the team, D." Trey replies and scratches his head, hoping he said the right words to his pissed off girlfriend.

"So what?" Demi repeats and scoffs, "You've known how bad I've wanted this job and you don't care if I'm kicked off? And now you wanna use nepotism?"

"It's not that it's just-"

"It's just what Trey? I can't lose my job!" She yells.

Without giving the baller a chance to explain himself, the dancer storms out of the kitchen to grab her purse off the island.

She needed time to clear her head. This was all beginning to become too much.

Tears stream down Demi's cheek as she makes her way to the living room. Quickly wiping her tears, she is prepared to make her exit without a single word to her boyfriend.