"Roman I-" before I could say another word, my date was back with my glass of wine. I took a sip and said "How did you know I love red wine?"

"That's all I've ever seen you drink at these events. So, Roman you're running again! Congrats." He patted him on the shoulder.

"Thanks! Well I gotta go mingle with everyone to get the donations rolling. See you both later." Roman said, and he went to go socialize.

Being in his presence for too long, made me crave him. I mean Mustafa is sexy as hell, but Roman took me to another place in that limo. Gosh! I'm going to try to block out those thoughts and have a good time tonight.

We socialized with people for a while and then we made our way to our table. Amani gave me a "I see you girl." look.

I sat down next to her. "Girl, what?"

"You and Ali? What's the tea on that?" She said, sipping her mixed drink.

"Nothing, he wanted to come as my date. It's nothing really."

"Does your Zaddy know you're here with him?"

"Who are you talking about ?"

"Reigns.. Girl."

"I don't mess with him."

"Unlike everyone else, I can peep game. I know y'all be texting each other."

"Girl.. Shut up before somebody hears you." I said. I looked around the table and saw Cody with his date, Emma.

"Hey! Cody, nice to see you again Emma!" I said to both of them.

"Looking good Naomi!" Emma said.

The servers came around for our food and we all enjoyed our food. I went to the bathroom and before I walked in I saw Cody and Amani in the corner talking.

"You know I had to bring her here! Don't give me any shit about it Amani. You know I love you !" Cody spat.

"You never ever consider my feelings or what I want. I am done with this!" She said.

"No, please Amani don't leave me!" Cody begged.

"Whatever have fun with your snowflake!" Amani walked off and she walked past me not even saying anything. Maybe she was too upset to realize I saw them.

Cody glared at me. "You better not say anything to anyone about what you thought you saw!" He said to me, and adjusted his suit.

"Sure.. Okay." I said, walking into the bathroom. I never ever picked up any attraction between them. My mind was blown.

I returned to the table and sat down. The energy clearly shifted. I would need a briefing on this tea on Amani and Cody.

"Have you thought about what I said Naomi?" Mustafa asked me.

"My answer is still the same. Are you going to challenge him still?" I asked.

"Of course. I will announce in a few weeks. I'm going to let him have his shine." He said.

Roman made his way to the stage and he was preparing to deliver his speech. "First, I want thank everyone for coming tonight to support me in my run for reelection for Governor. I want to give all of props to my amazing staff who make my job look easy, and keep this great state of Florida running smoothly." He pointed to our table, and everyone started clapping for us.

"As you know I was raised by a single mother and my dad was a popular wrestler in the eighties, Sika of the wild Samoans was on the road all the time. I know first hand how important it is to work hard because I watch my mother provide for my family."

"So, tonight we are here to officially announce and celebrate my bid for re-election. It is so many Floridans that my have benefitted my health care bill and quality education bill. I'm working with others to improve the minimum wage in Florida to a more livable wage. Together we can accomplish many things ! Thank you for your time!" Roman said. Everyone stood up and cheered. Many people were on the dance floor dancing and having a good time.

I found myself wanting his full and undivided attention. I'm not sure if it was him up on that stage together or seeing him with Alexa, but I want him.

I watched them dance together, and I could think about was us dancing together.

Mustafa grabbed my waist and we slow danced on the floor. I locked eyes with Roman, and he mouthed " I need you.."

I laid my head on his shoulder and we swayed to the music.

After the dance, I returned to the table and saw a text..

Meet me in my office upstairs...

A/N: what do y'all think about Amani and Cody? Unexpected right ?

Do y'all want to see Naomi with Mustafa or Roman?

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote lovies !!!

-Ms. Phoenix 💋😈