Wherein he is the mess in the relationship, and sometimes he can barely breathe but not her. No not her at all, in those moments, she thrives.

In the cheesiest way possible, he completes her, and she completes him.

He can feel himself shaking slightly, knows that she knows he's unsure of himself and what to do.

He feels her arm come up, a caress of fingers that sends a shiver up his back and he belatedly realizes that she's shaking slightly so he pulls away immediately. He's slipping his jacket off, placing it around her shoulders, and he watches her slip her arms through the piece of clothing with a small smile.

He can barely see her, squinting to get a look at her in the dim light around them. He glances up at the restaurant and pulls her close, gesturing to the building. "You want to go in? Probably be a lot warmer." He huffs out softly.

"I dunno," she's wrapping her arm around his waist, head resting in the crook of his neck and his ears begin to burn. "I'm pretty warm like this Oppa. In your arms, it feels nice."

He nervously chuckles, "why are you so good at this huh?"

She snorts. "Why are you so bad huh?"

"I resent that."

"I don't," he can feel her grin against his chest. "It just means that you can't smooth talk other girls."

"What other girls?"

She gasps sarcastically. "Right answer wow."

He just rolls his eyes and begins to push unlock the front door, pulling away from Tzuyu briefly. He steps inside hand moving to turn on the light, when she rushes into him, arms securing themselves around his neck. His automatically go to wrap around her waist, and he knows she's on her tiptoes, face nearly level with his own.

"Oppa," she's right in front of his face now, the heat from her body and the warmth of her breath are burning into him. "I'm really happy that I'm here with you."

"I, I am too, I really am."

Yongnam's heart starts racing and he knows that Tzuyu is staring up at him with wide wide eyes and all of sudden she's leaning in—

Flick.

(the lights turn on)

—and then she stops.

"Oppa, why do you..." she pulls her arms from around his neck and her eyes are flickering over his mouth. Her face creases and she nods before she looks away.

Yongnam opens his mouth. "Wha—"

"—It's okay, I get it." She moves away from him, arms wrapping around herself and his arms fall to his sides.

"Tzuyu—"

(and this is when yongnam's heart flies up and settles deeply in his throat—and a burning feeling places itself in his gut—he can feel pain begin to claw its way in his chest, taking hold of his entire being and ripping it in two)

She pushes open his front door, standing in the doorway now. "Do I mean something to you?"

She pauses, eyes staring directly into his.

(she's got a foot out the door—half of her body in the restaurant the other half outside—and yongnam's body is burning, mind reeling and thoughts racing—leaving leaving leaving she's le a v i—)

"Of course," he chokes out, completely confused by what's happening.

She just stared at him, warm starry eyes suddenly black and obsidian like a sky with nothing in it left to shine. "Are you sure?" Her voice is harsh, guarded and suddenly it's months before when she was yelling at him for talking incredibly bad about Sungjin.