Chapter2

Time skip 2 years later
Hannah and I were living together now and today I got a letter stating that pa had been killed in accition of the shore of Gallipoli. I burned the letter and got on the horses and Hannah came out and said Ben Are you ok I told her and she picked up her skirts and said Ben life isn't easy especially not with a war. I hugged her then said Hannah I'm going off to sight up . Hannah went pale and said no please tears came to her eyes like they did two years ago, she cried Benjamin if i lose you I have no one to love and this child won't have a father! I cried and said wait I'm a father? She cried yes I found out this morning please Ben stay here please for me and the baby and your family. But I said no I'm going to show them bastards what happens when you shoot my father. She must have saw something in my eye the she said ok as long as you can promise me two things I said ok she whispered one write to me every day two stay alive. She was kneeling at my feet hair down and hands covering her damp face. I picked her up and said ok I'm going to leave in two weeks! Then she screamed Ben the baby is coming!! I scooped her up and carried her to the bed and said ok Han breathe and push when I sat to ok. She said ok. Sweat pouring down her face and she gripped onto my arm and when I yelled push she did and screamed then she past out . Hannah was dead i screamed and hugged her corpse and said Hannah my dear Hannah. After a week and after the funeral I got on the horse and rode into town they checked me over and passed me and my horse banjo then I met a girl name Jane she was a nurse. Then I walked down to sit with my mate john he was a close friend he tried to cheer me up we loaded the ships expecting adventures and excitement but in actual fact what we were up against was worst . The voyage over we lost 6 horses and three men. Banjo remained strong he wasn't giving up the horse next to his stall died this morning banjo is morning but he still remained strong. John helps me feed him only because when we hit land he will be fighting on foot and we will be separated.