01.

chapter one.

Summer of 2013.  

It'll be fun she promised, you need this she said.

 The bus had stopped right outside the small camping spot and before the doors were even open people were pushing themselves like a pack through the small aisle. I remained seated for a while, until they've left, and then started making my way to the doors as well. 

 It was a camp full of hipsters. I promise. They all wore their quirky clothes and listen to a bunch of bands that they talked slowly about. Now I'm thinking in a stereotypical way, but that's that only way to look at the situation really, because, well. They were. And I think those who weren't would agree with me on that.

 Getting off the bus I grabbed the humorously large backpack and watched as the bus driver went out to smoke a fag. His skinny fingers ran through his greasy hair and I frowned at the sight for a moment or two. It wasn't pretty. 

 "Come on, you idjit. Move that bum of yours over 'ere," Brittany shouted and waved me over. I tore my eyes away from the smoking man and rolled my eyes at her annoyed expression. 

 "Yeah, alright, calm your tits," I yelled back and stumbled over to her with the weight of the backpack making my legs wobble a bit. 

 "That's the reason I refuse sitting with you on the bus. All you do is talk about my boobs." She sighed over-dramatically and then flipped her hair to make it seem even more tragicomic. 

 "As if I'm interested in your boobs. I'm into dick, remember?" I smacked her arm, not bothering to listen to mum's voice inside my head. Niall, don't be rude. I will be rude when she thinks I'm straight, thank you very much, mother. 

 "More like dick is into you," she joked.

 "Shut up. I totally top."

 I had come to realize a few things during the first hours of camp. One being that I don't know how to handle a tent to save my life, two being that the leader was going to piss me off more than once with her obnoxious and constant smile, and three - Brittany didn't mind other blokes talking about her boobs. 

 With a little help from the woman with the obnoxious and constant smile and her husband who was twice as cheery; I got my tent ready to sleep in. With a schedule over this weeks activities and a map over the area we were in, I went to sit outside my tent. It was late and the bus had left us here without anyone noticing its absence. 

 I had gotten left alone now that Brittany left with some bloke to go get cigarettes at the small store down the main road. The leaders had left to go to their cabins for the night and people were settling in nicely in my surroundings. 

Maybe it wasn't all too bad. There were some cute lads that I could stare at from a distance and free snacks twice a day. Also, we could easily get to central London by bus if we wanted to on the activity free days. 

 "Horan, can I borrow some cash?" Brittany. She was standing calmly in front of me now after running my way only seconds ago. 

 "And when are you going to pay me back?" I asked in monotone. She was in a hurry, I could tell by the way her teeth were biting down on the red-painted bottom lip. 

 "When my mum transfers some money, I promise, it's only a ten," she said, sugarcoating the fact that, no, I won't actually get my money back, because it'll always be you'll get it later