Chapter Fourty Four

Start from the beginning

Armaan straightens up, without taking his eyes off her face and takes a few step back. He touches his cheek, where Kavya had kissed and feels the touch of her lips still lingering on his skin.

Closing his eyes, Armaan takes a deep breath and murmurs after opening his eyes, "I should sleep."

Armaan turns to leave, only to stop after a step and turns back to watch Kavya. An urge to stay with her develops in his senses and he shakes his head, pushing those feelings away.

He murmurs, "She needs time....she deserves time."

Armaan controls himself and leaves the room, before those feelings overpowers his senses.

Next Morning

Living Room, Rihan's Penthouse

Rihan sits on the couch and stares at Ruhi's contact number in his phone, while debating with himself whether to call or not.

He thinks, 'Will she answer? How will she react? I think calling is a bad idea, but how will I know if she has recovered from her cold and flu or not?'

Suddenly a familiar female voice grabs his attention, "Holding the phone in hand and thinking with a confused expression, now this is something new."

Rihan smiles to himself and turns to face his mother, Manasvi standing across the room with a cup of coffee in her right hand.

She raises her eyebrows mischievously and asks with a smirk, "Who is the girl?"

He sighs and informs, "There is no girl."

She rolls her eyes, while walking closer and asks sarcastically, "Of course, there is no girl. I don't understand my own son's expressions, right?"

Rihan stands to make his mother sit on the couch and he, himself sits on the floor. He grabs the cup from her hand and places on the floor then rests the right side of his head on her lap.

He confesses with no hesitation, "There is a girl, but I don't know if she feels the same. I mean, we had hardly communicated."

She asks in response, "Who is she?"

Rihan answers with a smile, "Ruhi."

Manasvi smiled, observing the smile on her son's face and asks with interest, "Tell me more about Ruhi."

He thinks for a moment and begins, "Well, she is the best friend of Kavya, Armaan's wife and has shifted to Mumbai a month back. She works in the Helping Hand NGO and you know, she gives self defense training to females."

Manasvi gives an impressive smile and appreciates, "Wow, that's interesting."

Rihan bites his lower lip and informs sadly, "And she is an orphan."

His mother's smile drops, feeling sorry for Ruhi, but she composes herself and states cheerfully, "That's alright, I will take care of her after marriage."

Rihan chuckles and states, "Mom, control yourself. Here, we have hardly communicated and you have already reached till marriage. Let me spend some time with her."

Manasvi encourages him, "Then what are you waiting for? Go and spend an entire Sunday with her."

Rihan tilts his head to meet her gaze and asks dramatically, "You remember, you are my mother and not younger sister to give such advice?"