"SASUKE!" I screamed, terror running through my body as I watched the closest thing I had to family get torn apart. Then, almost in slow motion, Naruto pushed him away and caught Gaara's arm.

I ran to Sasuke's side, green light glowing around my hands as I checked his body for any life threatening injuries. Then I saw the black markings reseeding back into a seal.

"Sakura, what the hell is that?" I asked.

She stayed silent, making anger rise inside me and believe me, it was going to be ten times worse if she pissed me off because of the extra hormones running through my body.

"Hey pinky," I snapped my fingers. "Tell me what that thing on my brothers neck is or I swear to god-"

"Orochimaru's curse mark."

My legs felt numb. How? In the six weeks I was gone, how did Orochimaru manage to put his revolting curse mark on my baby brother?

Anko had been friends with me as kids and I remember her spending a lot of time with our superiors to learn how to control the mark, so I had a rough understanding of what it was and what it did.

I started working on Sasuke and looked over to see Naruto holding his own against Gaara.

"Sakura, I need you to listen to me." She looked up and met my eyes.

"Make sure to stay with Sasuke. He'll be back on his feet in no time, but until then make sure nothing hurts him. I'm going after Orochimaru."

Sakura opened her mouth to speak but I was already running in the opposite direction towards the arena.

Orochimaru. The third Sannin along side Tsunade sensei and Master Jiraiya. He was a disgusting excuse for a man and a shinobi.

I ran inside the arena and saw trees growing around the Kage's box like a cage. That's where I'd find him, I could feel it in my bones.

I made my way to the top and tried to get through, but there was a purple barrier surrounding the area. I touched it with the palm of my hand and a searing pain surged up my arm, making me jump away.

I could see them though. Lord Third and Orochimaru going at it at full speed.

Glancing around, my gaze landed on three Anbu squatting outside the barrier.

I reached into my bag and slid my mask over my face before discarding my bag completely and running over to the other three ninja.

"What's going on? Why can't we get through?" I asked, forcing the three to turn their attention to me.

"We're not sure. It's some kind of jutsu we don't recognize. Four of Orochimaru's men are controlling it and we can't find a way to break it."

Looking back to where the Third Hokage was fighting Orochimaru, I tasted bile in the back of my throat.

"Is that- is that the first and second Hokage?"

One of the others nodded. "Orochimaru seems to somehow have full control over their jutsu."

Tearing my gaze away from the fight, my eyes shot back and forth, observing everything that was in front of me as my mind worked to figure out a plan.