|Part Six|

|YOU|

"What do you mean you're leaving? You can't leave! I'm paying you!"

I sighed and scratched the top of my head. "Actually, you're not. I'm on a different mission and was told to tag along with the five of you as long as I could. I'm needed somewhere else."

"B-but you can't just leave me with them! What if someone gets hurt? How will we heal?"

"Naturally. Your body can heal itself, it's just slower."

The builder guy looked like he was about to blow a fuse so I turned my attention to everyone else.

"I'll see you guys at some point when we're all back. Sasuke, if you get home first, don't burn our complex to the ground."

They all waved at me as I walked away, but Kakashi caught my wrist. "You have a couple hours of travel ahead of you, take one of my dogs with you."

"Do you really think I can't handle myself?" I asked.

"That's not it. It'll not only make the time go by faster, but if you need backup it's there."

I thought it over for a second before answering. "Fine."

Kakashi stepped back and summoned a small dog wearing a Leaf Village headband.

"Hi, Kakashi."

I took a couple steps back and stared at the small animal. "It talks!?"

Kakashi nodded. "His name is Pakkun. Pakkun, this is (Y/N). I need you to go with her on her mission, or a least as far as she needs you."

"Sure thing."

The dog turned to me and I felt my heart rate pick up speed.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N). Ready to go?"

I nodded my head slowly.

"You're not afraid of a little dog, are you?" Kakashi asked, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"No! Let's get going Pakkun."

I started running off in the opposite direction as the others, Pakkun not too far behind me.

"So, you're a dog," I stated.

Way to state the obvious (Y/N)! Great ice breaker. . .

Pakkun chuckled. "You've never met a summoning before, have you?"

"Nope. I was raised in a household that taught us that if you need help from something other than a teammate, you weren't worthy of being a ninja."

Pakkun laughed. "Kakashi wouldn't be too happy if he heard you say that."

"Good thing he's not here then."

"That's true."

~     ~     ~

Three hours later Pakkun and I arrived outside the Cloud Village walls. I guess you couldn't really say walls, there was just a staircase leading down a rocky cliff, but that's besides the point.

"I guess that's my cue to go, good luck on your—"

"No!" I looked down at Pakkun and latched onto one of his ears. "Can you stay a bit longer?"

The dog nodded. "If you let go of my ear, I'll stay as long as you need."

I let go of Pakkun and kneeled down behind a bush, waiting for someone to appear from the thick fog.