SA/Wings of Fire Crossover Chapter 1

A/N: I came up with this idea a little while ago and decided to write it since I'm not the best at stories completely full of romance :,) In this story, the SA human characters are dragons from Wings of Fire (if you haven't read this series, not to worry; I will try to provide some illustrations :3) and they are on their way to Jade Mountain Academy to learn about and meet the different dragons of Pyrria. There will be Reilin, Coneke, and maybe some other ships. The plot/story is still a work-in-progress, but here's the first "chapter". Enjoy! -Raptor

"It's getting away!" Conor cried as Rollan lunged for the small rabbit. He growled as it bounded swiftly out of his reach once more with powerful kicks of its hind legs. The SkyWing roared furiously and dove again, this time breathing fire in its direction. He hadn't wanted to scorch it to a crisp, but it was better than nothing. The flames seared the rabbit's tail and its pace became even wilder, yet slower as it desperately attempted to escape the fire's heat. Taking the opportunity, Rollan slammed onto it with his front legs and finished it with a quick slash at the neck.

He stomped out the fire, picked up his prey, and walked towards Conor. The MudWing clapped slowly as he approached. "Hooray. Another burnt lunch caught by the amazing Rollan in just ten minutes," he said with a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. Rollan scowled, "At least we have something. I certainly didn't want to go another full day flying on an empty stomach."  The two had been headed to Jade Mountain Academy coming from different directions, but had run into each other, become friends, and then decided to continue the journey together.

"I'm sure they'll have great food at Jade Mountain. I'm really hoping they'll have sheep..." Conor trailed off looking into the distance as though hoping a sheep would appear, ready for him to devour. "Seriously though, what is it with you and sheep?" Rollan asked, "Too much fluff, and not enough meat." Conor huffed, "But you can use the wool. And the meat is delicious."

The SkyWing rolled his eyes and looked up into the night sky. They would arrive at Jade Mountain tomorrow, just in time for the new school year. Conor was the only MudWing he had not met on the battlefield, and the first friend he'd ever really had.

Biting into the rabbit, he was not surprised to find most of it having been turned into ash. He tossed the carcass aside to Conor and laid down to look up at the nigh sky. Soon they would arrive at the school. Soon he would meet dragons of every tribe in Pyrria. Rollan closed his eyes and soon fell asleep to the sounds of multiple insects, the soft breeze, and the chewing, coughing, and gagging sounds of Conor attempting to eat the rabbit.