Chapter 6

I'm going to try a new thing for the beginning of this chapter.

Third Person

Eric ran through an alleyway, he had to get away from the psycho lady following him. It was dark so he couldn't see her face but she carried a red bow and arrows with heart shaped points. Like some kind of Cupid or something. Eric gasped as he felt something impale his calf. He looked down to see an arrow sticking out of it. The woman approached him giggling and he fell on the ground. The light hit her face and he immediately recognized her. Then, his vision went pink. When the pink was almost completely gone, he stared in awe at his ex girlfriend. Eric broke up with her because... because... he all of a sudden couldn't remember. But he had also forgotten how beautiful she was. And his mind was completely clouded with how amazing she was.

"Amara." He sighed.

"Ooh yes! It worked. Now, my love, let's get that pesky arrow out of you. And start where we left off." Amara giggled. "Then it'll be time for me to spread some love to the people of this city!"

Emily

Ever feel like the world is slowly losing everything good in it? Like it's giving in to all the darkness and evil that we try to fight? That's how I feel when I watch the news.

Crime after crime, homicide after homicide and even just a criminal who tried robbing a flower shop. I mean who does that? But then some breaking news stuck out to me.

"We are just getting word that a woman is terrorizing the city with a bow and arrow. But we think that she may be another person affected by the particle accelerator incident. More about this up next." I sprung up from the couch.

"I was just called into the station, I'll be back soon." My Mom said as she left the apartment. The door slammed and I ran to my room. I quickly threw on my suit and found something else in the bag. A mask. I put it on and went invisible, running out my door.

How was I getting to the other side of the city by foot? I would never make it in time. But I ran anyway. I sprinted. I pushed myself to run faster and faster until I shot ahead, the world speeding past. The strange, rocket-like speed was stopped as I ran right into a recycling bin. I tripped and landed on my back next to it. Except I wasn't outside my building anymore, I was outside a different building near the entrance to the complex. I had ran past about nine buildings in three seconds. That was impossible unless I could run at the speed of light. Then it hit me. Light! Of course! I could run at the speed of light because I could control light. I smirked and ran to the side of town where they said the woman was.

I got there in about two minutes and I wasn't even out of breath. Except I didn't see the lady. All I saw were a ton of people being grossly lovey dovey to each other. Staring into each other's eyes, holding hands, or just making out. I wanted to gag. But then I heard screams from another street. I ran over, at the speed of light, and saw the woman from the news aiming her arrow at a man who had his hands up. The arrow was weird, it was pink with a red heard at the end. Like a cupid's arrow. But the lady was also strange as well. She had on a hot pink corset with red laces and a red tutu. Her curly black hair was a mess and her olive skin was covered in scratches.

"Hey, uh- Cupid let's just put the bow down!" I walked over to her and tried to go invisible but I couldn't. The running must've drained my energy.

"I've got a few people on my special list that deserve this. And this man here is one of them. But I've also got to spread my gift throughout Central City!" I didn't dare step any closer, as her arrow was still aimed at the man's heart.