Chapter 2

I was sitting on the floor in his room when someone walked in and sat beside me on the floor and put his arms on my shoulder... I looked up and saw nanheji with tears in his eyes... I could see the reflection of my pain in his eyes...!! He said nothing.. Asked me nothing.. Accused me of nothing... just sat there besides me..!! And in that moment I knew that i have a friend that will stand by me and for me... that I know will never turn his back towards me... that was the only good thing ever happened on that unfortunate night..!! We sat there which looked like forever... then he went away.. But while leaving he just said one thing.. khushiji.. I trust u... and I know whatever happened is not your fault..!!! and I just sat there... no reaction... no tears...nothingness was growing in me..!!! I didn't know when the sun rose..!! HP came and said that anjaliji has called everyone in the living room..!!! So I went down... n they asked to do grahpravesh and all the raizada rasams..!!! I bowed and did all that I was asked to do..!!! Because I had no choice..!! I knew I had time of six months to think what I'm going to do for myself in future..!! After all the rasams and riwaz I was dolled up and once again send in his room.... This time it was decorated with candles and rose petals on the bed...!!! As soon as I entered the room, I was full of disgust and anger on the very thought of him touching me.... Just because he married me it doesn't give him the right to touch me..!!! So I went in.... got my dress changed and went to bed...!!! I had no intentions of sleeping on the floor or couch.. Because the khushi that thought about everyone else above her was long dead and gone..!! so I went to bed..!! I didn't realize when he came or where he slept... I woke up in the morning and saw him sleeping on the couch and anger started to rise in me..!!! I just sat there looking at him.... N thinking why does he hates me so much that he decided to ruin my life.... I was trying to think all our encounters... where did I made him so angry that he decided to take his revenge this way and I came up with nothing...!! 

So I gave up and went to freshen up because I have my daughter in law duties to perform...!! So I wore the green saree which I was given to wear for the aarti..... I walked out drying my hair and he was still sleeping.. I didn't know if I should wake him up... I knew nothing about being married..!!! I will keep my side of the bargain.. I will be a good wife n daughter in law n sister in law.. for the world..!! But behind the closed doors of this room we were nothing more than strangers..!!! I stood in front of the mirror getting ready wearing my bangles.. n keeping an eye on him from the mirror... my bangles noise seems to irritate him.. so in order to wake him up without talking to him... I started making noise while getting ready.. He tossed n turned on the sofa... n finally fell down... well done khushi I thought to myself..!!! Enough mr raizada... I have had enough of ur tantrums.. Now its ur turn to be treated miserably..!!!

 He got angry and glared at me... I avoided his gaze n kept myself occupied with other things... after that night when he walked out on me without giving me my answers... I decided then and there that he will beg me to talk to him...!!! N I was determined to see him begging..!! So he went to bathroom n i went down.... they all looked at me... just stared and nanheji welcomed me by saying good morning khushiji.. oops I mean bhabhiji... I had to smile at that..!!! n went n touched naniji's feet.. She gave me blessings n mamaji was kind and smiled... mamiji... just walked away... (oh well saved me from bending n touching her feet) ... we waited for arnavji to come down... when he came down we did our aarti as a couple first... thn followed by jijaji n jiji..!! Then as a tradition jiji n I was to prepare something sweet for the family...irony of my life I m married to someone who can't eat sweets..!! So I made kheer n jiji made halwa..!!! I made sugarfree kheer for him..!!! I knew he would refuse it... but still I did my job..!! Everyone sat at the dining table n they started to eat.... then I saw shyamji coming down with this nasty smile on his face...!!! It was repulsive to see this shameless man n sharing the same roof with him was a torture in itself..!!! after sometime arnavji came down n sat for the breakfast and anjaliji asked to serve him kheer he looked at me with disgust n anger... n I just looked at him.. Still trying to figure out the reasons for the hate..??? So I served him kheer.. And as expected he refused and naniji forced him to eat it..!!! But seems like these raizadas like to torture me... so anjaliji said that first morsel I had to feed him.... We both were stunned and immediately looked at each other... our expressions mirrored exactly..!!! so I reminded myself... in front of everyone I have to do my wifely duties... so fed him the first morsel... n he just looked at me... this time without the disgust and anger...!!! N I just turned my face away.... Then shyamiji started praising the kheer... I felt like throwing the jug of cold water on his face but I controlled myself..!!! Naniji gave me a necklace after the breakfast as a shagun .... N then anjaliji gave me her mother's kangan.... Mamiji gave me a ring..(which of course half halfheartedly) and mamaji gave me gold chain...!!! Same things were given to jiji..!!! as an elder bahu.. naniji gave me the keys of the house and that boiled mamiji's blood.....!! n I was amazed that these rich people have a very really little heart..!!!