Calling out a hasty goodbye to Henry, I dashed out to the front porch to force my feet into a pair of designed TOMs and ran out of the apartment to get to the main street. To other people, I might look like I was some crazy ass chick sprinting my way down the street but I didn’t care.

The boys would have my hide if I was late.

Ten minutes later, I was seated comfortably in a taxi and well on my way to the café that we were apparently going to play in. I don’t know why they never told me yesterday and I was a little bit pissed at that but I didn’t care. I had enough sleep for today; I think that’s why I wasn’t in a bad mood at all.

I think after my sudden nap, Mitch had carried me upstairs and laid me on the bed before he left. I checked my phone again and saw a text from him. Another new picture was posted as my wallpaper, where both Mitch and I were showing off our new letterman jackets with our name and rank on it.

The both of us were making smug faces and broad smiles were etched. Both of us looked awfully tired and I could see the sadness and pain that was buried in both our eyes. Despite the smiles that we had on our lips, the eyes doesn’t lie what is in our souls. Even if you want to.

That idiot had messed with my phone while I was asleep.

Grinning to myself, I opened the new message that I had received and my smile got even bigger when I saw it was an image sent by my bestfriend. Shaking my head and laughing silently, I saw that he had taken a photo of me passed out on the kitchen table and he was there in front of me making a face at the camera.

A text was written beneath the image. I hoped you slept well Babe, go have fun and rock out!

I don’t know how he knew I was having a performance but that made my mood soar ten times higher. Trusting my bestfriend to make me feel better, he knew the right words to make every sour mood leave my mind and to be replaced by a huge smirk. It’s like as if he knew that I needed that.

How can I live without him?

About fifteen minutes later, I threw money to the driver and burst out of the cab without even waiting or taking back the change. I think I had given the dude a huge tip but I didn’t actually care because I had a feeling that I was late. I jogged my way to the back door of the café that I was at and got shuffled in by a harassed-looking security.

As soon as I stepped into the backstage, the four boys swooped in front of me and making an impressive four-man tactical team at the way their expressions looked and also the way they were holding themselves at the moment. Scary and weird at the same time.

‘What the hell have you been doing woman!’ Darren exclaimed at me first.

‘I was asleep!’

‘Before that obviously Ally, we tried calling you on your phone for the past couple of hours! Henry had been telling us that you were dead to the world and he can’t wake you up or it’s just that he couldn’t bear to wake you up,’ Connor told me next with a slight frown framing his face.

I made a face at him. ‘I was studying for the finals,’ I told him with a serious face. ‘I didn’t get much sleep the previous night so I used the time to study until I passed out around eleven in the morning.’

All the four boys stared at me like I was crazy.

‘How long did you study?!’

‘About eight hours straight,’ I answered Seth without blinking and started looking around the place that I was in. Making a sound of awe, I pushed past the rest of the boys to take a three-sixty look of the area I was in. ‘This place is awesome! Where do I put my bag?’