Draco slowly walked towards Hermione, trying not to get the jealousy in him, and bowed as if she was a princess.

"Shall we dance?" He asked politely, taking his hand out; "indeed we shall," she grinned, holding his hand as he puts his hands around her waist, and her arms around his neck, swaying along to the rythym.

"Hey, Draco" she whispered in his ear. The sound of her voice echoed in him. "Yeah?"

"Do you happen to know beauty and the beast?" She asked. "What's that?"

"Oh, nevermind. Thought you knew," she sighed. She then looked into his eyes as he tried not to look quite problematic, but Hermione immediately thought something was going on by the looks of him.

"Hey," she broke the silence. Draco looked at her and gave her a sheepish smile.

"What's wrong? Everything all right?" Then she started to feel quite upset too, knowing that Draco had gone late and now she thinks he looked like he was being forced to go here in the first place.

"I'm fine," he said plainly.

"Oh.. w-well, would you mind telling me why are you late tonight?"

"I-I'm not technically late though, I was just out with Blaise, they made me this costume," he chuckled. "I look horrible, don't I?" He cringed.

"No, no." Said Hermione, she puts her right hand to his cheek, carressing it, leaning closer and said, "is it time that we should tell everybody about this?"

"I mean, if you're ready, I'm not forcing you to tell them the truth" he shrugged.

"I think we should--"

Before Hermione could speak, Collin stood in front of the stage and spoke loudly, turning the slow music down.

"All right, all right! How is everybody's night going? Good? Yeah.. now before we resume our two final songs, because professor Mcgonagall says I'm not allowed to keep you all until three am so let's just cut to the chase... You guys have voted, and I'm going to present to you, the winner of the costume contest," everybody else started stomping their feet like a drum roll.

Collin took out the envelope, slowly rising the paper inside and read, "wow, shocker! It's Neville Longbottom dressed as Professor Snape!" Everyone cheered and clapped, as Neville gasped and made his way to the stage to receive his sash and a small cup which read, "best in costume 1999"

"Wow, thank you so much, I wasn't expecting this. Everytime I turn around the mirror thought it was a boggart." He chuckled nervously. "Yeah but now I respect him, I mean everybody does, I guess. But he's still scary to me" everyone laughed.

"Anyway, where were we?" Draco turned his head back at Hermione, his hands still placed around her waist when suddenly a loud, pop music had erupted from the place, and everyone who was sitting alone started dancing to the beat.

And even though they tried to dance, they were being pushed over by the large crowd, up until Hermione had fallen out of the dance floor.

Draco looked for her and said, "come on," motioning to the doors of the great hall, as they made their way to the exit and walk to the courtyard.

"These heels are killing me," Hermione groaned, stepping out of her stilettos and dropped her sore feet into the cold grass. "Ah, much better"

"Too bad you didn't win the contest, you should have! I mean, look at you!" Said Draco. "You're the most beautiful girl I've seen there,"

"I hate to rain on your parade, Draco but I don't think I can win by looking like a princess when in fact this is halloween" said Hermione, as they both sat down the grass and watch the starry night.