fifteen

It was almost dinner time, Hermione was cooking herself food, whilst listening to muggle music, until a loud thud of knock was heard on her front door.

"Who is it?" She asks, her eyes and hands were still focused on cooking.

"Hermione, open up!" It was Ron, banging on her front door. She sighed, putting the stove in low heat as she walked her way towards the door to open it.

Instead of Ron staying out the door, he practically pushed himself in once the door was open, he went in and opened every door inside the flat. "Where is Malfoy?!"

"Why? Did he do anything wrong?"

"Of course he did! He was here, wasn't he?"

"What are you talking about?" Hermione asked innocently. "Don't try to look so innocent, Hermione. I saw him here! In your flat! What did you two do?!" He asks, his voice raised higher. "Calm down, Ron, he was here because-- wait, why should you care?"

"Why should I care? Hermione, have you lost your mind?! You're fraternizing with the enemy! Our enemy! Don't you remember what he had done?"

"Ron, calm down, he's not what you think he is" said Hermione, trying to calm him down.

"Oh yeah sure of course you'd say that" Ron said sarcastically. "You think I'm brainwashed or something? Draco is not as evil as you think he is.. I think he's really trying to change."

"Change? Oh and since when have you start calling him by his first name? It's all part of his act, Hermione! He's trying to get in your shoes and use you for something sinister!"

"Sinister is such a strong word, Ron. If you care so much why don't you believe me? Are you implying that you believe what was written on the newspaper?" Her voice almost cracking.

"I'm not implying, I'm trying to save you" Ron said. "Save me from what?! Forgiving somebody who had done something wrong?"

"It wasn't just some thing! We may have broken up but you're still my friend.. Do you actually choose Malfoy instead of your life long best friend?"

Hermione licked her lips, and looked down at the ground, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"I knew it. I think you're only doing this to make me jealous" he scoffed, carrying himself out of the flat and slamming the door shut.

I wasn't trying to make you jealous, Ron. But why won't anyone believe me? She thought, as tears started to roll down her face.

As Ron walked all the way to the road, he saw Malfoy, who was heading back to his own flat. Ron was furious, he took a deep breath, walked towards him with an angry look, and quickly threatens Draco by pointing his wand at him.

"What did you do to her?!" He asks aggressively. "Do what?" Draco asks, as he was munching on an apple.

"You know what I mean, Malfoy. You bewitched Hermione, didn't you?"

"Ugh, not you too." Draco rolled his eyes. "I didn't bewitch her. We're friends. Can't we be friends?" He says calmly.

"Of course not!"

"Believe me or not, but Hermione and I both agreed we'd be. Plus the daily prophet writes loads of crap that aren't even true. Because of that Hermione's afraid of going back to hogwarts."

Ron was stunned at what Draco had to say. He knew all about Hermione before Ron could even ask Hermione herself.

"What are your intentions with her, Malfoy?"

"Nothing else but friends." He shrugged.

"Be serious, Malfoy! Answer my question"

"Merlin, Weasley you're getting even more annoying by the minute."