Scamming Pt.1

"The young CEO of Oh Bubbly!, Oh Sehun, has now declared bankruptcy through a publicist of the company. No one knows the reason for the sudden bankruptcy and he's making sure no one finds out. The bubble tea company had a net worth of 300 million won. There have been no sightings of the now bankrupt bachelor and his position in the top 50 most attractive bachelors has been revoked. There will be more to this story as it unfolds further as he is awaited for a press conference tonight. This is Park Yoora, coming to you from Seoul News".   

The trio look at the newscast in amusement as they steal glances at each other. It grabs the attention of the usually distracted friends. Kyungsoo finally looks up from his phone as he hears the newscast, occasionally rolling his eyes when necessary. 

Luhan pretends to not be interested as he focuses on his nails. But a slight smirk can be seen on his features as he hears the reporter. 

Baekhyun is the only one who shows sudden interest. He keeps his eyes focused onto the screen and grins once he hears the great news. 

Great news for the three best friends. 

"Good job, Luhan", Baekhyun smiles, "You just got us 300 million won".

Luhan finally shows interest; he looks up from his nails with a smug look. "He was easier than I thought. He's too young and fell in love too fast". 

Kyungsoo scoffs, "The young ones are always the dumb ones". 

Baekhyun laughs, "You got that right. But I bet the older ones are just as easy", he says confidently.

"Oh really?", Luhan raises an eyebrow. "Pretty confident, are we?"

Baekhyun shrugs with a smile, "Just saying, I could easily get any man to fall for me. I'm that irresistible".

Luhan scoffs and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes once again, not looking up from his phone.

"Wanna bet?"

This catches Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's attention as they look to Luhan in curiously.

He can't be serious can he?

Kyungsoo groans, "Just shut up and stop acting childish. We already have 300 million won. We don't need anymore money."

"Who says it's for the money?", Luhan says, "I'm all up for a little friendly competition".

Baekhyun laughs and looks at Luhan incredulously. "You against me? Are you sure you're okay Luhan? You seem a little off ever since you got with bubble head."

Instead of being offended or taken back, Luhan smirks. "You're not scared, are you?"

Baekhyun, being the competitive boy he is, scoffs, "Hell no. Bring it on. Who's the target?".

Luhan thinks for a moment before he's interrupted in his thoughts by the news reporter speaking. The entertainment reporter has taken the stage showing faces of many handsome men.  They were announcing the top 50 most attractive bachelor's and CEO'S of Seoul.

And at number one was Park Chanyeol.

The man who's never dated anyone before. The workaholic that never leaves his own company and pays no mind to the many lustful people that want his affection.

Luhan smirks and nods towards the screen.

"Him. Park Chanyeol".

**

"Chanyeol- I'm screwed. I don't know what happened. First we were having sex then the next day he's leaving me in the middle of the night without even saying goodbye".

Chanyeol pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance upon hearing his cousin's sobs.

He sits behind his grand mahogany desk. His office like a second home to him.

He has way better things to do than hear his younger cousin sob through the phone about a boy who left him.

Which is exactly why Chanyeol doesn't invest in a love life. He knows it's only temporary.

"Listen Sehun. I really don't have time for this. I have an agency from Japan coming in like an hour and I can't be busy on the phone because of your crying ass" Chanyeol argues. "Shouldn't you be worried about, oh I don't know, how you're completely broke? You're fucking bankrupt and all you can think about is some boy who left you after sex!".

Childish, Chanyeol thinks to himself.

Sehun sobs even louder, "Luhan doesn't even compare to all the money in the world. He was beautiful and sweet and made me feel mushy. He was the one, Chanyeol. I looked him in the eye and I told him I loved him. And you know what? He said it back. How can he forget our love just like that?"

Chanyeol, bored out of his mind, runs his finger over his desk trying to swipe any speck of dust. He couldn't care less about his crying cousin, quite frankly.

"Look", Chanyeol sighs, "Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he left you because he's the one who took all your money? Face it, you're rich, young and vulnerable. He took advantage, made you fall in love with him and then took your money once he had you where he wanted".

Sehun gasps, "N-No. Luhan would never. He's better than that. I know it. He's an angel".

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "Whatever. Believe what you want. I have to get back to work and you have a press conference to attend. We'll talk later". Chanyeol hangs up the phone before the younger can protest and stands up from behind his desk to swiftly walk out of his office.

"Hello Mr.Park", his assistant, Jennie, greets him. They both walk side by side to the conference room where the meeting will take place.

"Has the Japanese agency arrived yet?"

His secretary shakes her head, "No sir. They will arrive at the airport in about 20 minutes. We have arranged for a limo to pick them up and escort them here to the meeting".

Chanyeol nods, "Great, thank you for your help Jennie".

Jennie nods before making a step to walk away. She wavers in her step, however, before looking back at the CEO.

"U-uh, Mr.Park?".

"Yes?"

Jennie scratches her arm nervously, "I wanted to say that this week will be my last week working here."

The news gives the CEO a bit of a shock. His eyes widen momentarily before he regains himself. "Would you mind if I ask why? Did you not like it here? Was the environment too much for you?"

Jennie smiles, "No no, don't worry sir. I loved it here. I've just decided to move further with my life. I wanted to do that by going back to school. I thought about going to school part time so I could still work here but it would take longer to graduate", she says reassuredly.

Chanyeol nods, "I admire that you've taken it upon yourself to get a gold education. I wish you the best", he says politely.

"Thank you". Jennie adds, "Oh and don't worry I'll start the process of hiring a new assistant so you won't have to worry about it".

Chanyeol gratefully nods before walking into the conference.

This is the simple world of Park Chanyeol. The world of business, partnerships and money.

He's grown accustomed and comfortable with this life. But what he doesn't know is a huge storm is coming his way.

That storm is Byun Baekhyun.