Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Dad!! Where did you put my keys?”

“Table sweetie you going to be late if you don’t leave” I rush down stairs and grab my keys and bolt out the door. Sampson High School the newest high school in town and I have the pleasure of being the new girl. Most of my teachers made a big deal about me being from Florida, during lunch I found a table of girls that looked like me and sat with them. Turns out they are a mix of soccer and track players which happens to be my two sports.  It wasn’t till I was putting my book bag in my trunk when I saw him. My body froze as my heart flipped and my breathing stopped. He goes to my school and he is walking towards me. This must be a dream.

“Hey I remember you”

“Um… Hi” he smiles and it is like I could live off purely seeing him smile instead of air.

“I’m Will” we shake hands and as our skin touches it’s like electricity shoots up my arm.

“I’m April, I just moved here”

“Yeah I can tell you don’t look like you’re from around here” I can’t help but be offended by his remark.

“Actually I was born here but my parents moved when I was very little. I have only come to visit but now here I am”

“Oh well I guess a welcome back is in order.” He laughs and it is the most beautiful laugh I have ever heard.

“Thank you, I better get going I don’t want my parents to worry”…

It’s been three weeks since Will and I talked and now every time we see each other he completely avoids me. Ethan grabs me during class and pulls me behind the bookshelf.

"Do you want to get something to eat tonight?" Um is this how guys ask girls out?

"Sure".....

We walk hand in hand down the hallway. Just our usual routine but something feels different. I mean it's been a week so I can't really judge. He pulls me off to the side and into a janitor’s closet.

"April we need to talk..." Oh no it's because we haven't kissed yet I know it.

"Look I don't think we are going to work out" I am overcome with grief then realize that I was thinking the same thing.

"You're right. We can still be friends though" with that he went one way and I went to my locker. It’s lunch and Ashley is babbling on about the boys’ soccer team, I look up and gasp. I’m out of my seat and running within seconds of seeing him.