Chapter Twenty-Three

THIS IS A COUPLE MONTHS AFTER XFACTOR.

Harry’s POV

Macy got a yes from Simon. She was ecstatic. But then she began getting hate about being my girlfriend, and being Niall’s sister. People were bringing her down, and no matter what we did, we just couldn’t make her happy. Pretty much only Eleanor could, by relating to her. They knew everything about each other now, they were best friends. It was actually getting kind of creepy.

“Macy, time for dinner babe.” I said, lightly knocking on her door. She walked to the door, opening it as she bumped into me. She had her eyes glued to a thick book with a green cover.

“Whatcha reading there, Macy?” I asked, bending down to see the cover.

“Nothing important.”

It had a clover on it, and in silver wording it said, “Ireland History”.

I laughed.

“Why are you reading about Ireland?”

She just gave me a simple shrug. She closed the book and looked up at me.

“Hey Harry, did you know that Celtic tribes arrived on the island between 600-150 B.C.?”

I looked at her.

“I have no clue what you just said.” I laughed. She gave me a smile and walked in her room, placing the book in a desk drawer.

“Neither do I… but I guess its nice to know, then.” She said, giving me a hug. I haven’t had a hug from her in a long time, I’ve missed her. Her scent. She smells like a mix of fruits, flowers, and root beer. It’s a comforting smell. All Niall smells like is pizza, chicken, and potatoes.

“I love you.” I said, kissing the top of her head.

“I love you too, Harry.” She said, holding my hand as we walked down the stairs.

“Why are you reading that book, anyways?”

“Maybe I just want to know about Ireland. My home country. No reason, I guess.”

“Macy. I know you more than you think. When you say ‘no reason’, there is obviously a reason. Please, tell me.”

“Harry, I’ll tell you, but I swear, there is nothing you can do to stop everything. Nobody can do anything about it.”

I looked at her, squeezing her hand, telling her to go on and tell me already.

“All the fans are giving me crap about being Irish and not knowing anything about Ireland. So, I’m learning about Ireland.”

“You don’t have to know about it. You didn’t grow up there.”

“I know, but It’d be nice to know a few things.”

“Like what?”

“A beer.. I forgot what it was called, but it was created in Ireland.” She said, looking at me. By now we were nearing the kitchen. Niall and the boys were already at the table.

“Oh, really now? What kind of beer?”

“Like I said, I don’t remember what the website said.” She laughed, letting go of her grasp to grab a plate. Tonight Niall of course had ordered chicken. Fried chicken. But it’s okay, fried chicken is pretty good.

“What about Ireland?” Niall asked, taking a drink of his Coke.

“A type of beer we had in America originated in Ireland.” She said, sitting down at the table. All she had was one piece of chicken. She’s a Horan, she usually eats more than that. I didn’t want to embarrass her with attention, so I kept the thought in my head and I would talk to her later. I didn’t see why she was taking this so hard. I know she’s like Niall; she’s a sensitive person. She’s also pretty gullible. But Niall cries easily when he gets hate and stuff. I guess since their siblings they are practically the same. They aren’t exactly that far apart in age. But with everything that’s happening, I know the hate is hitting her hard. With everything she’s doing differently now, I bet she’s ignoring all the nice things and focusing on the bad. Though everything she sees as flaws is what I see as perfection.