CHAPTER 11

So instead of studying for my Math and Stat exams, I finished writing this chapter 'cause my majors are stressing me out. TT *inserts rage post about how I ended up being a Math Major when I clearly have the attention span of a nine year old*

Anyway, do enjoy. It's relatively short but I'm satsified with it. :D Leave comments! Xoxo. - Kiiesaa.

--

"You've been in a good mood lately," Donghyuck commented blatantly, intended for Jaemin as they were on their way to the special class' room to hang out with Mark and their gang like they had been doing for the past weeks. "It's kind of strange."

"Really?" Jaemin asked, not quite comprehending what the older meant precisely. "I don't feel any different, though."

But who was he kidding? Jaemin was evidently in a good mood and did a terrible job at concealing how he really felt. The talk he and Jeno had really done its part to lift his sour disposition; they made up and everything went back to normal. After all the emotional yet rather personal confessions they shared in the elder's room, Jeno had resumed talking to him, like as if nothing happened between them in the first place. Jaemin was thankful that the older had managed to open up his problems and innermost worries to him even though it was difficult in Jeno's part; at least he tried and Jaemin admired him for his courage. And somehow, Jaemin felt a surge of pride wash over his ego knowing that Jeno trusted him enough to confide such delicate troubles with him.

He's never like this to everyone, right?

"You sure?" Donghyuck pried, raising a questioning brow at his best friend, completely suspicious about his drastic change. "It doesn't seem like it."

Jaemin might think he was oblivious but Donghyuck wasn't that blind. He knew and was well aware that Jaemin had been sulking like a child deprived from sweets just a few days ago, going on about how Jeno was avoiding him, but now he seemed totally fine, very happy even.

What the hell happened between those two?

"What do you mean?" Jaemin asked, nose scrunched in curiosity.

"I don't know. You just seem really different," the older confessed, couldn't properly explain his point but his connotation spoke of many things. "Could it possibly be because of Jeno?"

Jaemin might have reacted instantly at the mention of the name since he saw Donghyuck grin in silent triumph, like he already knew, and Jaemin was silently praying that Donghyuck hadn't misinterpreted the whole ordeal. "Not funny, Hyuck," Jaemin retorted when he finally managed to calm himself yet continued to struggle keeping his demeanor passive and default, especially when Donghyuck already saw right through his lousy attempt of a facade.

"What? It could be the reason," Donghyuck insisted.

"Ha, nice try." Jaemin thought the older would give up right there, especially when he would notice that Jaemin wasn't going to put up a fight, but it didn't.

And when Donghyuck was persistent about something, one would never see the end of it. He kept asserting that something was going on between him and Jeno, and that Jaemin was betraying their friendship by not telling him anything, keeping him in the dark.

But what was Jaemin supposed to say when he wasn't so sure himself? So he did what he knew he had to do, he kept quiet. Donghyuck would get tired of annoying him eventually.

--

They arrived at Jeno's classroom shortly after their small banter. Chenle and Winwin weren't there like they had expected but Mark and Jeno were, by their seats, in the middle of a conversation. They greeted the two and both boys brought their dialogue to a stop and returned the favor to acknowledge their presence. Donghyuck made a beeline straight for Mark and the older stood up and offered his seat to the younger which surprisingly, resulted into a beet-red Lee Donghyuck. Jaemin would have been impressed if he cared or if he was even paying attention but he wasn't, his eyes and focus were only meant for one person.