"Class Again" Chapter: One

Tim's Pov

    Hell... ever heard of it? Classrooms, desks, overrated cafeteria food and worst of all the devil herself, Mrs. King.

It was basically two hours of her teaching us mostly about nonsense and adding 'Amen' at the end of everything. It isn't even a Christine school! The only reason why I'm staying is because of Lilly, Josh, and Max.

Yeah well, this is where it all started. 13 years ago, kindergarten room 310. We all sat in the same dusty little corner of the rug during circle time. I'm so glad that happened. We all became friends when Lilly asked our teacher if she was pregnant.

"Prego-"
"Eggo?" Max asked.
"Oooo like the commercial!"
"I love waffles!"

...but she wasn't pregnant.
Of course, all four of us laughed and got a call home. I know pretty harsh punishment for a couple of kindergartners.

That's hell for us. 2hours for 5 days. Sitting and being lectured about history. Which isn't even the subject we're in.

"Tim!" my hand slipped from my chin, causing a loud thud on my desk. I could already hear Max, Lilly, and Josh snickering at me.

"Um... yes, Mrs. King?" The class was all staring at me and I felt like I was having a self-conscious dream about being in my underwear.

"Timothy Jones, are you sleeping in my classroom!"
There's no right answer to this because I was caught red-handed. For a second I saw a blink of hope that she might forgive and forget but then...

Max's voice piped up from the front side of the class, "Technically he was sleeping in your class..."

"...that is until you woke him up," Josh commented.

"But technicalities are always a bother, you know." Lilly finished.

Thanks, you dumb idiots.

Mrs. King slowly turned away from me to glare at the three unlikely suspects. In the motion her gaze shifted to them, everyone snapped their heads to the board to avoid eye contact. Don't blame them, she is intimidating. "Office now!"

The four of us got out of our seats and 'walked' our way to the office. I say walked because we didn't actually walk there.

"Alright, the first person to the Office building wins!" Max shouts already running out of the school halls.

Lilly isn't far behind and Josh is already giving them a head start. Lilly and I tied the race, Josh jogged his way behind us, and Max was crawling on the ground exhausted. Josh should have won our silly race because he's the only one who's in cross country and trac, but he doesn't brag. Reaching for the inhaler in my back pocket, Lilly opens the building's door.

"Hi kids." Said the receptionist cheerfully. Despite always being in trouble, Miss Sarah was always glad to have our company.

"Hello, Miss Sarah." The four of us said in unison as we sit in front of the principal's door.

Minutes later of twiddling our thumbs and playing never have I ever with Miss Sarah, Mr. Williams opens his door to invite us in.

We were very familiar with the office and have visited Mr. Williams many times to the point we are now on a first name basis. Max last year, even dragged an old bean bag chair in his office knowing that it wouldn't be his last visit.

"Sup Henry," Max said dropping himself on the bean bag.

"Joshua, Lillian, Timothy, Maximus, I didn't think I would see the four of you today." Henry- I mean Principal Williams seemed very intrigued with our visit once again.

"It wasn't a planned meeting," I say in discomfort as I sit in front of his desk.

"It was Mrs. King," Lilly mumbles.

"She hates us!" Max shouts.

"Eh." Josh shrugs as he sits next to me.

"Ok. Well before I excuse you, I just want to catch up with you, kids." We all nodded as he continued. "Joshua, how're Sports going?"

"Good. We're going to states next week."

Mr. Williams nods as he turns to Max, "MIT? Technology, that's a very interesting passion." Max chuckles before nodding eagerly. He's a computer wiz and no one knows how he does it.

"Still planning to travel before college?" He says looking towards Lilly. She shyly looks at her hands as her blonde hair covers her. She nods slightly but you can see the smile written all over her face.

"And Timothy, my boy, you are doing great in academics. I really hope you make it into Harvard." I graciously say thank you as I feel Lilly's stare burn the back of my head.

A few minutes later, we talk about some stupid stuff for a while and Mr. Williams doesn't totally like Mrs. King either so he lets us off with a warning. "Next time just have her assign you detention instead of taking you out of class."

"What, you don't want to see us?" Max jokingly pouts.

"It's always a pleasure." Mr. Williams chuckles and shakes his head before shutting the door.

As we exit the office we grab lollipops out of the office candy drawer that Miss Sarah showed us. "Bye, kids!" She waves from behind her computer.

"See you later Miss Sarah." We say in unison as we leave through the door.

"I just realize we are friendship goals!" We all halt in place and stare at Max.

"What?" I say first.

"We fight together, we love each other, and we go to the principal's office for each other. It doesn't get much better than that."

Huh. I guess you're right Max. It doesn't get much better than that. We pretty much conquer everything and anything.

No problems and no worries.
Or so we thought...