Chapter 1

(Picture by me)

You couldn't sleep, how could you?

Did Mark really say that he wanted to break you? Even if he did.. why?

Mark is the sweetest and coolest (in your opinion) person in the world, he cares about everyone and everything! How could he say something like that!

Questions began to run through your head, making you panic.

What if that isn't actually Mark? What if you truly made a bad decision to kill the man on the left and spare the man on the right.

And if it is true that you killed the actual Mark, then his death is on your hands. You killed him, you murdered the man that wanted nothing more than to enjoy his date.

You felt numb, like you couldn't move.

Your arms were weak and your legs felt like it was pinned to the bed, your head felt heavy, and your heart felt like it was going to give out any second.

You felt sick to your stomach thinking about how Mark's death could actually be on your hands.

The shadows that lurked in your room seemed to grow and move around on its own, your panicked breath slowly became louder as it became harder to breath.

It felt like something was strangling you.

Something was sitting on your chest, it's cold, dark, hands wrapped around your neck, squeezing hard, preventing any air from escaping or going to your lungs.

You let out a loud whine, moving your head to the side, you couldn't tell if your eyes were open or not. You could feel yourself blink, but no matter how hard you squinted at the darkness in your room, you couldn't make out any of your belongings in your room.

You let out a surprised gasp when the hands left your neck.

You looked up, excepting to see someone- anyone- but you were just met with darkness.

It felt like the shadows were laughing at you as they came closer and closer to your bed.

They were surrounding you. They wanted you. They needed to see you suffer.

They were hungry...

You tried to scream in pain as They dug Their long slender fingers dig into your stomach, you felt Their fingers move under your skin making your body jerk and yank away from the ice cold touch.

You couldn't scream. They didn't want you to.

Your eyes watered and your stomach hurt when They finally removed Their fingers from under your skin.

It felt like at that moment, you were going to die from shock.

But when you felt the sun shine in your face, you felt safe.

The shadows were gone, you were okay! You were...

"you were imagining it..."

You sat up immediately hearing a different voice from your own.

The voice sounded like it didn't come from your head, it sounded like it was being whispered to you in your ears.

You looked around your room, taking note of all of you belongings.

You would smile, but the sickness in your stomach soon moved to your throat.

Realizing what is about to happen, you run to your bathroom quickly, just making it to the toilet in the nick of time before puking.

Your throat burned and your stomach felt weak.

Why did you suddenly get sick? You didn't do anything yesterday besides go get dinner, payed for the meal, go to the movies, chose to watch horror, gets basically kidnapped by that.. that thing, and then killed the person on the left.

Maybe you just have a light stomach...?

Which made no sense since you could handle gore pretty well, but the human body does react differently when you actually kill someone..

You heard knocking coming from the front door, you couldn't do or say anything because of you currently still puking but you were slightly startled when the knocking became louder and harder.

Seems like someone isn't up for waiting.

When you were finally done puking, you flushed the toilet, cleaned up the puke that was lingering on your face, brushed your teeth, washed your hands, and then headed for the front door.

You unlocked the front door and froze up when you saw Mark standing there, holding a handful of roses.

He gave you a heartwarming smile before handing you the roses.

"These are for you, sweetheart." He said cheerfully, "May I come inside?"

You stood there for a split second before moving out of the way, "Uh, yeah sure." Mark walked inside of the house, smiling slightly at you as he began to look around the house.

You closed the door and locked it, shaking off the feeling of Mark's eyes boring into your back.

The room for some reason seemed to have gotten colder which made no since, since it was in the middle of summer and it's currently almost 90 degrees outside.

You turned around to find Mark staring at some photos you had hanged up on the walls of your house.

One picture he was looking at was one that had you and your ex holding hands and laughing while you held a small puppy in your other hand.

"Who are they?" Mark asked, picking up the picture and turning to you, "Oh, uh, that's my.. ex.. they um.. they aren't with me anymore.." you tried to explain.

Mark let out a little 'hm' as he put the picture frame back, before grabbing the one next to it.

"Is this your family?" He asked, glancing at you.

Huh.. was his eyes always been red?

You shook it off and answered his question.

"Yes, they don't live down here though.. so visiting them is hard.." you walked over to an empty vase, putting the roses in there, reminding yourself to put water in there soon.

When you turned around, Mark was gone. You looked around quickly.

"Mark?" You called out, wondering around slowly, looking for him.

You checked the kitchen, bathrooms, and all the other rooms except for your own bedroom.

Walking to your bedroom door, you placed your hand on the handle and hissed at the sudden freezing feeling surging through your hand.

You pulled away from the handle, holding your hand, it was basically burning your hand from how cold the doorknob was.

You took a deep breath, grabbing the doorknob again, you quickly turned the doorknob and opened the door.

As light shone into your room, you didn't see Mark, but the curtains to your bedroom window were closed shut so that no sunlight could sink into the room. As you walked into the room, the coldness in your room made it feel like it was winter again.

You tried to turn on the lights but the lights only flickered before staying off completely.

"M-Mark..? Please tell me where you are..." you pleaded, walking further into the room.

Once you were in the center of the room, your door slammed shut and it felt like your brain was being split into several pieces.

And all you heard before you passed out was; "Don't fret dear, I'll always be here."