The moment I've been waiting for

Today's the day.

The day me and my band mates perform for state competition.

We've been waiting for this special day for a few months by now.

A few months of going through hard work and frustration...

Some of us wanted to quit at some point.

The stress and the anxiety we were experiencing in the band room made a really big impact on us.

We wanted to play the music to the best of our abilities, but something always held us back from achieving our greatest.

Maybe it was that one rhythm with the crazy eighth notes everywhere or that one really high note we simply can't reach the first play through.

Who knows.

Who knows what it truly is.

All we know is we're gonna give it everything we've got because there's not gonna be a next time.

There's not going to be another band that plays the exact same music and has the exact people that played their parts to the fullest.

There's not going to be another band that has the exact same will and the strength as us.

Every band is unique in their own special way.

Even with their flaws and errors and their strengths and weaknesses...

We're one big family.

One big family that we can depend on and trust on until the end of time.

One big family that loves each other no matter how we look, or talk, or dress, etc.

That's what I love about band. ❤

And that's why I will play my absolute best when we perform in front of the judges and the audience later on today.

Especially for my senior friends who are graduating and moving on.

This is for music!!