Retail AU

I know, I know, I skipped 2 days. I had a performance on the day I was supposed to post day 2 and I have tests to study for. To make it up, I'll try to post Day 3&4. Anyway, Day 2 prompt:
Day 2- Retail AU- Aster had no idea what had compelled him to enter the coffee shop in the first place, but now there's this handsome college kid offering to help him out?
--o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o--

Aster had no clue whatsoever as to why he was at a coffee shop. He supposed it was because he wanted a cup after returning from a stressful day of work. But still, he could've just brewed himself some before leaving the office.

After waiting for eternity, Aster finally got to order what he wanted. However, when he saw the board, he went completely blank.

All Aster wanted was a plain, milk coffee. Just that. So, where the heck was it on the menu?

He must've been there for a while now. Not that the impatient customers behind him and the slightly annoyed cashier, who plastered a welcoming smile, were any indication. When Aster was done making a fool of himself, someone tapped his shoulder.

A caramel haired college student locked eyes with him for a second. A second where Aster was able to find the beauty in his eyes, a clash of blue and brown swirling in his irises. It made sense as to why the slim youngster wore a blue hoodie and brown slacks. In fact, the faint tuffs of white within the stranger's bangs also went along with his outfit.

"Hey, need any help?" The student asked, "I don't think the others behind you would like to wait anymore."

Aster glanced and saw the crowd behind him glaring back.

He turned to the youngling. "All I really wanted was a milk coffee."

"Hmm, alright." The adolescent faced the woman at the cash register. "One medium, regular, freshly brewed coffee and a medium, vanilla latte please."

Aster swore that the lady was about to collapse in relief. How long was he standing there?

The cashier typed away. "That will be $6.58."

Aster was about to fish out his wallet when the other male gave up a ten.

"Here's your change. Would you like your receipt?"

The student shook his head. "It'll do miss. Thank you."

With that, this completed stranger dragged Aster away from the line.

"Um." The adolescent coughed. "Do you want to drink your coffee here or leave? From the swarm of people, I'd say seats are going to get taken up. I also have a perfect double bench already claimed if you're staying."

Aster blinked. "Sure, thank ya."

Lo and behold, the college student led Aster to a surreal corner of the bustling coffee shop where, indeed, were two, blue cushioned benches across from one another. A laptop with a stack of papers sat beside a blue backpack.

"Oh, I never introduced myself, did I?" The college student scratched the back of his next as he sat down. "My name's Jack."

"E. Aster Bunnymund," Aster replied, placing himself on the other side of Jack.

Jack started typing away on his assignment. "So Bunny, you never been to Starbucks?"

"First, the name's Aster, not Bunny. Second, I'm more of a small shops guy, ya know?" Aster said, looking over at the laptop, "Whatcha workin' on?"

"School project," Jack stated, still staring at the screen, "It's due in a week."

"Hmm, what's it about?" Aster asked.

Jack took a sip of his latte while typing. "We were able to choose a time period to study. I'm doing Burgess, Pennsylvania during the colonial age, like the early 1700s."

"I see, a pretty interesting topic isn't it?" Aster commented as he drank his coffee.

Jack beamed. "Yeah, especially since I was raised there."

"Hold on a tic mate." Bunny spat out his coffee. "Why are ya at Massachusetts?"

"Duh, college!" Jack exclaimed, "I got a scholarship that paid for all my tuition fees and dorm rent. Heck, the government even gives me some money for things like food and whatnot."

"Pretty neat, ya must be pretty smart for that," Aster complimented as he drank more of his beverage.

They both hopped into a conversation that sooner or later branched out into far more than just school life. Aster and Jack started getting so comfortable with each other to the point where both forgot they were strangers. As time passed, it seemed as if they were slowly getting infatuated with one another.

Jack finally glanced at Aster. "Hey Bunny."

The elder closed his eyes. "I told you, my name is Aster, not Bunny."

"What can I say?" Jack looked at Bunny with a lopsided smirk. "It's a pretty catchy nickname."

Aster rolled his eyes. "Sure, you dill."

Jack's contagious, tinkling laugh had Aster smiling as well.

"Still, it makes meh sound like the Easter Bunny," Aster complained.

Jack shoved aside the laptop between them and propped his head against his two hands in the cutest of fashions. "Well, if you're the Easter Bunny, then I'm Jack Frost?"

"Ya sure play the part." Aster snorted.

"While you," Jack said, gesturing at Bunnymund's office attire, "Look nothing like a cute, fluffy bunny."

Aster placed his hand under his chin, leaning onto the table. "Then, what do I look like ta ya?"

"A handsome, fine, businessman who may be a grouch on the outside but a big softie on the inside," Jack answered as he scooted closer.

Aster grinned. "While ya are an attractive individual who is both cunning and impatient." Soon, their faces were nearly touching.

"What makes you say that?" Jack whispered.

Aster chuckled breathlessly. "Because ya can't wait for the final moment, yet slick enough that I couldn't realize till now."

"Oh." Jack's face fell as he moved back into a respectful distance. "It was that noticeable?"

"Yeah, but hear me out for a tic." Aster paused Jack's counter claim. "From what I've learned about ya, you are an incredible young adult."

Aster glanced at his silver framed watch that read 4:21 pm. He'd been at the shop for half an hour! "Might we continue our chat outside?"

Jack shrugged. "Sure I guess. Let me pack up, I've gotta go back to my dorm in an hour and half. Curfew is at 6."

"Ya live in a dorm?" Aster questioned.

Jack stared incredulously at his elder as he nodded. "Um, yeah? Remember, I came from Burgess to Massachusetts. It's not like as if I have any relatives around."

"Well, I just thought that ya had a cousin who lived here," Aster reasoned.

After Jack managed to shove his belongings in the bag, the two men headed out for a stroll in the busy streets. They began talking again, Aster explaining what he meant.

"Wait," Jack interjected, "Does this mean you aren't straight?"

"Ha, I'm more bent than a bloody rainbow," Aster responded.

They reached Jack's dorm building. As a goodbye, Jack and Aster exchanged phone numbers to stay in touch with one another. When Jack had to inevitably go, he waved back to Aster before opening the door.

Aster was officially glad he went to that coffee shop.

--o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o----o()o--
Yes, this is: cheesy, short and HORRIBLE. I'm swearing to make Day 3 way better. Btw, if you people like this horrendous oneshot series, then just check out Restoring Balance. That is 10 times better than this junk. I don't even check my grammar in this!