Thirty

YIELDFARM DAILY

The Fernandes Suicide Story

Written by: Casey Williams

Edited by: Jonas Ealing

21st March 2017

As has been the unfortunate tradition since that fateful and tragic evening of 21st March, exactly three years ago today, Yieldfarmers gather around the touching memorial service honouring Adam Fernandes, a 15-year-old boy who tragically committed suicide by jumping to his death from atop the locally infamous cliff, Ridge Raymond.

And it is also today that the Fernandes suicide story has come to a satisfying conclusion. After a strenuous battle in the courts, the Wesley family, among many other of his supporters, have finally succeeded in giving Adam the justice that was long overdue.

It was at the crack of dawn that Yieldfarmers, old and young alike, opened up their morning newspapers to discover that all those involved in the torture of Adam Fernandes have officially been convicted, tried, and found guilty of said allegation, among many other crimes (that have yet to be released publicly).

"It has been a lengthy process," says Kennedy Sylvester, a lawyer involved in the case, "but it was what we had all expected from the start. Rounding up all those who were involved was an extremely hard task. To get them all to confess the truth was another story altogether. But it has happened. It is over."

What drove Adam Fernandes to suicide were horrors that nobody could've even begun to fathom, horrors that his best friend, Matthew Wesley, 16, uncovered just weeks after Adam's death.

Mr. Wesley discovered a series of documents on the local St. Matthews' church website that contained information on 'interventions' - upon further investigation, a process wherein which Mr. Wesley and two of his cohorts also nearly died, it was found that these 'interventions' were secret 'Conversion Therapy' sessions held, and led, by Jezebel Atkins, a widow of the head priest of said church, the priest himself an alleged child molester.

These 'Conversion Therapy' sessions ranged from simple chants - supposedly having the power to 'heal the gays', as Atkins later explained in court - to humiliating and painful torture methods that involved burning, hitting, verbal abuse, dunking victims into icy-cold water, to name a few. Taking into consideration the request of personal relations to Adam, what methods were used on him specifically will not be mentioned. What is shocking to know is that these sessions were held for years on end, the earliest session having been conducted in the early 2000s. Further investigations carried out by the police found that several suicides of teenagers in Yieldfarm from earlier years had a direct correlation to some of these sessions.

Atkins was found guilty just weeks into the court case (2014) after convincing evidence, of which included chilling recordings of Atkins explaining her own crimes, was produced to prove that it was indeed she who was majorly behind the entire 'intervention' scheme. The courts have kept a tight leash on the evidence, although there was a brief moment in time, sometime around the August of 2015, when said recordings were leaked into the internet by an unknown source. Fortunately, the recordings were removed only four hours after they were leaked. Just how many people were able to hear these recordings before their removal, however, is a mystery.

The story of Adam Fernandes' suicide, and more specifically the case that followed, made national news when details of the case first released, sparking a ferocious debate all across the UK.

"Ban religion altogether I say!" one fiercely passionate Brit had cried when asked to give their opinion on the case. "There's no use for it, none of it, and it's only rotting the brains of our children to the point where they feel the need to kill themselves! It's disgusting, what happened to that boy. I'm surprised the government hasn't already started doing something about this. Clearly there's a problem here. Down with Christianity, down with homophobia, before they snatch more innocent lives from us."