Chapter 5: Lord of Darkness

"Ah! Roxanne, welcome back. I trust you've found our guest?" Behind a desk sat a rather large man. Not in weight but in size and muscle. Not what I would've expected Satan to pool like in all honesty. Where are the horns? The hooves? Red skin at least? No, he was a white male with a black faux hawk with red tips. He did have a goatee, at least that stereotype stayed.
"Yes sir, I would guess they are here for the treaty." She took her place next time him and looked at us as her sentence ended. I stood like an idiot, I was confused and not sure what to say. Damien nudged me like I was supposed to know what's going on. Realization suddenly hit him, he never told me what was going on. He quickly composed himself and looked at Lucifer. He looked back at us with waiting eyes, Roxanne smiled at me. I smiled back and turned to Damien. I leaned in to whisper to him. "So, what's going on? What treaty?" Damien opened his mouth but a different voice spoke. We both looked at Lucifer, his hands folded on his desk as he leaned forward.
"What's going on is war. The treaty is supposed to signify peace." He smiled as if he would reject peace. Maybe he would, I mean he is Satan.
I nodded and Damien requested to be alone with him. Satan sent me and Roxanne out and to wait by the door. As soon as the door closed, Roxanne spoke. "So, ya wanna see the top?" I was confused obviously. What the heck is 'the top'? I nodded out of curiosity of what she would be talking about. She took my hand and dragged me down a hall, multiple turns, and up three flights of stairs. Finally we get to a door.
"What is this..?" I questioned, tilting my head a bit to the side. She looked at me with the most amazing smile. "It's a door." She laughed a little as she opened it. I looked down, blushing lightly. "Well.. I knew that, I just ment-" as I looked back up, all that filled the air was a fresh pine sent, green grass covered the ground, lightly spotted with different flowers.
My mouth hung open, my eyes grew. I just stared at the amazing view in front of me.
"Notice anything missing?" Roxanne asked, grabbing my attention almost instantly. I looked around trying to find what she meant. Then I realized it.
"My wings are gone."