Chapter 7

(The picture above is the tattoo Percy gets next chapter. This is a pretty light chapter as an apology for my lack of updates, it'll start getting more intense soon I promise. Enjoy!)

Not all those who wander are lost

J.R.R Tolkien

Percy's POV

I watch the mysterious guy's back disappear into the woods. 'Well that was weird' I stood up from where I was laying and started walking into the water

Once I was fully submerged, I took a deep, breath? I don't know what the term is underwater. As I walked across the ocean floor I saw all sorts of creatures. There were the beautiful angelfish, with their swirling scales reflecting the filtering light from the sun. I saw coral of all colors, like a child who completely ignored the lines of a coloring page and scribbled everywhere.

Once I reached a good spot about 3 and a half miles from the shore, I pulled an Elsa. I raised a whole structure of ice. I had occasionally listened when Annabeth was rambling about architecture, so I knew exactly what to do. I reinforced the ice so it wouldn't break under the pressure of the water.

It wasn't so much a castle as a mansion purely for the use of hiding from the town. Something I figure, from watching way too many dramas as a kid, small towns are very nosey and it would be a good plan to go somewhere where no one in town could go.

That guy on the beach kept popping into my head. He didn't give me a human vibe, and he was certainly hot. I didn't see him for the brief time I was at school, but I did see the same tattoo on his shoulder(not the one in the picture) that the guy questioning me in class had. Speaking of which, he and his friends seem about as human as the Cullens. A different kind of different though. The Cullens were more sleek, predatorily, like snakes. The guys were more animalistic, like dogs or wolves.

I walked around the "house" watching the distorted forms of the sea creatures passing by the walls. I exited the front and walked back up the beach. Once I hit the forest I went back home. At some point during the day, I realized I was severely lacking in school supplies, and I needed to go shopping.

Once I got to my house I was sorta dirty from the forest and needed to change. I went into my closet and stared at the rack of clothes. My wardrobe was very basic and consisted of jeans, t-shirts, a jacket, one pair of ratty converse, and a pair of combat boots. The point is I needed help. Growing up, I didn't start caring about clothing until I hit high school.

Unfortunately, with all the issues camp was having, and my mom's crappy job, having a style with clothes I liked wasn't an option. Now it was and I was going to take full advantage.

The only person in my phone I trusted with this, who was not camp related, was my mortal best friend Tyler. Nobody at camp knew about him because I wanted there to be no chance of him getting hurt. I hadn't even told her. He wasn't a demigod, but he was in the same boat as me when it came to dyslexia and ADHD. We met in the 8th grade, and we had gotten expelled from all the same schools. After getting really close in the 8th grade, we managed to make sure we always ended up at the same school for the next year. He currently went to a public school in New York. I might as well surprise him. See if I can freak out some of the other kids at his school.

Tyler was like a 6-year-old trapped in an 18-year-old's body. For him, that meant the majority of people either found him adorable or REALLY annoying. Unfortunately, his current school seems to mostly be made up of the latter, so he is sorta an outcast. The only way to get to New York quick enough was shadow traveling. Because I had been there so many times, I was gonna try for the Empire State Building's shadow.

I walked into my closet door's shadow and concentrated as hard as possible. For a split second, I felt really cold, then opened my eyes as I stumbled a few steps. I missed a little. I wasn't standing under the Empire State Building, but I was only a couple blocks away. I got out Apollos gift and got in. Looking at the keys I noticed something. There was a little dial on the side with an image on a  sports car on it. I spun it a couple of times and all of a sudden I was sitting on a motorcycle!

I figured this would be even more dramatic and revved it a couple of times before driving off. I had about a half hour to kill before Tyler's school let out because of the time difference. I stopped at the candy store my mom used to work in. Going in, I'm sure I looked very out place. I had changed my shirt to a red one that said, 'I Like the Sound You Make When You Shut Up' in all caps. My jeans were black and tight with rips on both the knees. Black boots were unlaced and only tightened where my foot was. My only long-sleeved, checkered shirt was tied around my waist and my leather jacket was on. I went in and bought three things. A blue sucker, a bag of blue jelly beans, and a pack of gummy worms for Tyler.

As soon as I left the store I stuck the sucker in my mouth and started driving to Tyler's school. I pulled up outside and leaned on the motorcycle just watching. I had found a pair of old sunglasses in my jacket pocket and put them on just for dramatic effect. I heard the bell ring and almost immediately kids started to trickle out. I was noticed almost instantly and I could see groups giving me looks and whispering. Almost everyone was out before Tyler finally exited.

He saw me and, recognizing me instantly, shrieked and started running for me. The shriek, loud and shrill as it was, caught everyone by surprise, and they all watched as he went barreling towards me. I barely had time to open my arms before he hit me like a bullet. He wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his nose in it. Tyler was much smaller than me. He only hit 5'6, so with his arms around my back, and mine around his lower back, he floated like 3 inches off the ground.  

"Ohmygodwhatareyoudoingherehowdidyougetherewhyareyouhereareyouokiseverythingokistheworldendingohharethosegummywormsyou'reamazingcanihaveoneofyourjellybeans?" He said all in one breath.

 I threw my head back laughing. This is why I love Tyler so much. "I'm here for you, I drove,  I need your help, I'm fine, yes, the world is not ending, yes those are gummy worms, thank you, Sure why not. Did I cover everything?" 

He nodded enthusiastically. "What do you need me for?" he tilted his head in the adorable cat way. I grinned.

"Time to go shopping!"