Chapter One

Zane jolted awake. His heart raced as he looked around frantically, searching for whatever had woken him up. Daylight poured through the window next to his bed, illuminating the dark room and helping him see.
After a few moments, he relaxed.
Maybe it was a nightmare and I just can't remember it..
He let out a long sigh and glanced at his alarm clock.
9:34 PM... That means I have more time to sleep!
Zane was about to lay back down when someone knocked furiously on his door.
"Zane!!" Garroth yelled.
Zane groaned and kept silent for a few moments, then answered. "What?"
"Oh, good! You're awake. You didn't answer the first time!"
"I was asleep!!"
"You have like thirty minutes to get up and get ready before we leave!"
"No. I'm sleeping for thirty minutes. I'll get ready then."
"Zane, we're leaving at 10:00!"
"Your point?"
The door swung open. Zane rolled his eyes as Garroth, fully dressed and ready to leave, walked over to the bed.
"I didn't know you slept without your mask." Garroth said quietly. Zane quickly grabbed his mask off of the nightstand and put it on, narrowing his eyes at Garroth. Garroth cleared his throat. "You need to get up."
"I'll get up later-"
"Zane. No."
Zane sighed and stood up. He put his hands on his hips and stared at Garroth. "What now, Your Highness?"
"Get ready to leave the house. Your bags are packed already, right?"
Zane pointed at the bags he had packed in the corner.
"Okay! Remember, Aaron's driving Aphmau, you, Travis, and Katelyn to the cabin, and Dante's driving Laurence, myself, Kawaii~chan, and Lucinda. Aaron will be here in thirty minutes, so be fast. Okay?"
Zane sighed. "Ookaaay."
"Great!" Garroth turned and left the room.
Zane walked slowly to his dresser and pulled out his clothes. He wasn't at all excited for this trip, but Aphmau hadn't given any of them a choice. She decided they all needed a vacation, so she and Aaron planned an entire vacation to some big cabin in the middle of a forest.
He shook his head and walked out into the hallway. He did not want to go, but of course, it wasn't a choice.
I guess I should get ready to leave, though...

After Zane took a shower, got dressed, and did his hair, it was time to leave. He picked up his bags from his room and walked into the hall, grunting and wishing he didn't pack so much. It took all of his concentration to not trip over a bag and fall down the stairs, but he managed to get to the bottom unscathed.
Garroth and Laurence were standing next to the door, talking quietly, so Zane decided to stop walking and stay silent to listen.
"Do you think the drive will be long?" Laurence asked.
Garroth smiled. "It'll be fine. We can always sleep the whole ride."
Laurence frowned. "What does the cabin look like?"
"It's just.. a big log cabin. It looks really nice, though. And it has such a beautiful forest around it... Aph showed me pictures."
"Do you think anything lives in the woods?"
"Oh, for sure. Squirrels, raccoons, bears, anything."
Laurence bit his lip and looked worried. Garroth instantly noticed this and stepped forward, pulling Laurence into an embrace.
"It'll be fine. Don't worry about it. Okay?" He said soothingly. Laurence nodded and hugged him back.
Zane contemplated pulling out his phone and snapping a picture, but he didn't want to put down the bags. Finally, Garroth kissed Laurence on the head and let go of him, opening the door. Zane pretended to just now walk in.
"Is Aaron outside?" He asked, struggling to carry the bags to the door.
Garroth nodded and stepped out of the way so Zane could pass. He carried the bags to Aaron's car, which was parked in front of their house, and put them inside. He shut the door.
     "Hey, Zane!"
     Zane looked over his shoulder and rolled his eyes when he saw Travis approaching.
     "Excited for the vacation?" Travis asked, then kept talking before Zane could answer. "I know I am. I'll be getting to see your face every day for the rest of fall." He leaned on the car.
     Zane stared at him. "First off, no, I am not excited. Second off, your pickup lines won't work on me."
     "Why aren't you excited?" Travis asked, seeming to be more serious.
     Zane shrugged. "I'm just not."
     Travis looked like he was about to say something, but Aaron walked up to them. "Alright lovebirds, time to get in the car so we can leave."
     Zane's cheeks heated up, and he saw Travis blushing, too. "Lovebirds?!"
     Aaron laughed and walked around to the front of the car, then got in. Aphmau ran over and hopped into the passenger seat.
     Travis and Zane exchanged a glance, then walked around and got in the car. Zane sat in the middle, and Travis sat to his left. Katelyn took the other seat a few moments later.
     "Everyone ready to leave?" Aphmau asked, turning around to look at the three of them in the back seat.
     They all nodded. 
     "Good! Let's go!"
     Aaron waited for a few minutes, then followed Dante's car when it passed him.
     "This is going to be a long drive, isn't it?" Zane sighed.
     "It shouldn't be too bad, Zane." Aaron responded.
     Zane put his head back.
    At least I can get some more sleep while we drive.

     Zane woke up slowly. He was confused for a moment, but then remembered he was in a car.
     And then he realized his head was resting on Travis's shoulder.
     Oh, well. It's comfortable, and i'm sill tired.
     He closed his eyes and let himself fall asleep again.

     "We're here!" Aphmau's excited squeal woke Zane up. As he sat up and looked around, he noticed that they were in a forest-y area. They were still driving, but Zane could see a big cabin ahead of them.
     Travis was looking at him with one eyebrow raised. "Did you have a nice nap?"
     Zane rolled his eyes and blushed.
     Aaron parked next to the cabin and got out, instantly stretching.

     Once everyone was out of the car, they started heading into the cabin. Aphmau looked around at all of them.
     "Okay! There's five rooms, so Aaron and I decided to plan out who'll share a room! Of course, you can always change it. Okay... Katelyn and I, Kawaii~chan and Lucinda, Aaron and Dante, Garroth and Laurence, Zane and Travis. Is that okay with everyone?"
     Everyone nodded.
     "Now everyone pick a room!"