♘: Twenty-Ninth Longing

Levi wasn't used to being separated from Eren for too long. It was almost like an individual with bad eye sight trying to walk around without glasses, or an amputee trying to travel without a walking stick. He was still very weak and he knew for a fact that if it wasn't for the pheromone, he would be able to easily rip through the metal bars. If he could, he would tear open an entrance and burst through the halls to track Eren down and get him as fast as he could. Loving Eren made his once cold heart warm and soft, but at this point he didn't care about his masculinity, he just wanted to see him. He would probably do anything just to see him, even it was just a few seconds.

He had never known what dying felt like until now; not because of the nasty pheromone but because he couldn't see Eren. Not being with Eren was much worse than death, he thought. His heart was aching, like it had been filled to the brim with overwhelming feelings of sadness and loss. All he could do was watch his own fingers clench and unclench as he tried desperately to remind what his warm hands felt like when it was wrapped in his. The incredible warmth was all he could remember as well as the soft ridges of his fingers or the roughness of his palms. All this time, he had taken him for granted. He would always think that a human like him would never be far from his reach, and now he was.

Despite their past together of somewhat good memories and shared kisses, Levi was going to kill Petra once he was able to get out. Memories of her didn't matter anymore, all he cared about was what memories he would make with Eren if they made it out alive, but he knew he would. He was never going to forgive himself if he escaped without him, or got him murdered. He used to be used to the feeling of being all by himself, but now he understood why he hated it so much; it left his mind quiet but the exception of negative intrusive thoughts invading every living cell. It was bothersome and clogging his brain.

The Levi who was once the brutal murdering machine and literal embodiment of pure horrid terror was now shaking and in pain on the floor. If the townspeople could see him, they would mock him until the day they passed on.

Ironically and as if on cue, a scream echoed from the hallways outside his cage. He could recognize it anywhere, and there was not a way to mistake that it was anyone but Eren who made the blood-curling sound. Levi jumped up as if he wasn't in any pain at all; suddenly the pain that was rushing to his thighs and calfs could not be felt, and the throbbing headaches were nothing compared to the way he felt when he heard him. He zipped towards the bars and clung onto them tightly.

"Eren!" he shouted. "Eren, my Eren, is that you? Eren!"

He shortly came into view, and he looked horrible. There were small gashes covering his limbs and bite marks dotted all over his neck and wrists. He was pale, paler than Levi could ever be, and his hair was wet with his own blood and sweat. Petra was casually dragging him by the back of shirt.

"Le-"

"Oh, shut up already, you irritating thing." The voice of Petra was followed by the sound of a loud slap. Levi flinched as if he were the one harmed.

"Don't touch him, you witch. I'm going to kill you," he snarled aggressively.

"Levi." His voice gurgled. His throat was filled with his own blood. "Levi." He said his named in hopes that he could somehow save him.

"'Levi, Levi,'" Petra mimicked. "Shut. Up. He can't save you, and he can't kill me. If he tried, he would be done before he can even lift a finger."

"Let him go, please," Levi begged. "I'll stay. Just keep me and let him go."

"Aw, now isn't that sweet?"