Memories- Guilt

Her house has a warm aura. I feel more safe than I've felt in years. She tells me to sleep until dinner is ready after I talk with her for a while.

I wake up with a warm pie a few paces in front of my bed. I eat it and explore the room a bit. I think she used to have a child my age, there are toys and the bed seems to be my size. I won't ask her about it.

I make my way into the living room and talk with her a bit. She really likes escargot. As she talks, it occurs to me that there might be more of this place. When I ask her she tenses up. It makes me want to ask her more.

After she refuses a few more times, she rushes down the stairs into the basement. I run after her, but her long legs make her much faster than me. Its a creepy long hallway, and she keeps trying to convince me not to go to the end.

She blocks a door much like the one I first saw.

~Why can't you let me pass?~ I frown.

This is weird.

"I- its too dangerous out there."

~Is there more to this place??~ my eyes widen.

"Yes-no-I. Please don't leave me, they all died. You're not strong enough."

~What do you mean? I made it here!~ my stubbornness flares up.

"If you can beat me, you can pass."

I'll calm her down just like I calmed everyone else. I can do this. I just have to dodge.

She, crying feverishly, throws a fireball at me, I'm too surprised to dodge. I fall down, my life feels drained much more than it has from any other monster attacks. My vision goes black.
.
.
.
I'm back at the entrance to her house?!
I run in and she's here to greet me again.
What? I just? Died? Did that feeling I felt save me? Is that how I survived the fall?
I try to say and do the same things, but she asks me a few times if I'm okay.
I can do it this time.

She still runs faster than me, and everything she says is the same. This time I'm able to dodge. I get in the rhythm of her attacks and keep telling her I don't want to fight. She ignores me so I just keep dodging in silence.
~Please~ I'm not sure my hands are decipherable because of how fast I'm moving.
She's growing tired. Her attacks miss me even if I stay still. She is too tired to be angry.
♡you spared Toriel♡
She breaks down crying and I go to hug her.
"If you do leave, please don't come back." my heart breaks. I feel something pulling at me. I have to go. Its something like destiny.
I kiss her head before I open the door, the cinnamon churns in my stomach.
"Goodbye, my child"

All is silent when I close the door. Its a long hallway that reminds me of her independence challenge. I start to cry bitterly. There's another door at the end, I guess this is it.
What? That demon again!
~Stay away from me!~ I hold a stick I've been carrying with me defensively.
"Clever. Very clever. You think you're smart. In this world, its kill or be killed..." he goes on about his plans, I get tired of reading his lips. After saying something is interesting, his face contorts into the scariest, largest grin I've ever seen. He quickly retreats into the dirt and I shiver.
I need to leave. Now.
I run out of the room and I'm suddenly very cold.
Is it winter? How can snow happen underground? Not that the rest of this is plausible anyway..
I continue on, wiping my eyes occasionally.
I pass a stick, and jump when a few paces later, it breaks.
It must've been a squirrel, yeah, a squirrel.
I walk faster. I see a bridge and break into a run. I feel paralyzed when I reach its edge, I feel something behind me. I turn because I can barely make out its voice. It, shrouded in shadow, holds out its hand. I carefully go to shake it.
"PpBBBBBBbbBBBTTTTTTttttttt~" he cracks up
"The old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. Its ALWAYS funny."
I chuckle a bit, shaking off my panic.
"I'm sans, sans the skeleton"