Chapter 10

Both our heads snapped to look at the door. Brice's eyes widened and I observed the figure. It was a girl that looked at least a year older than Brice with long blonde hair, bright blue eyes like Brice, and an overall skinny yet curvy build. I bet all the boys loved her.

Judging from what she looked like a guessed she wasn't his mom, maybe his sister? "Hey sis." Brice said in a calm voice. Yes, my observing skills have improved! She instead of being shocked or disgusted like I expected made a loud cheer. "Brice! You never told me you finally got a boyfriend!" She squealed while running over. "Hi, my name is Sapphire, unoriginal I know." She said politely but hyper while grinning down at me.

"S-seto." I stuttered out while she squealed again. "AWWW, HES SHY! THATS ADORABLE!" I looked over at Brice and he was just shrugging with a sheepish grin. I got up off his lap and sat next to him while Sapphire pulled a chair in front of us. "SOOOO, how did you meet?" She was leaning in her chair, eyes wide and still grinning. I wasn't sure whether to be creeped out or relieved.

I looked at Brice again causing him to sigh and answer. "In class, he was really shy and hostile to me at the time." Sapphire turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow. "Him? Hostile? He doesn't look like he could hurt a fly." I almost snorted at that. 'Oh, you don't even know.'

"Hmm, I don't know, he sure can kick someone's ass if he needs to." Brice said with an amused smile. "I don't believe you." She said defiantly. "Does it really matter?" I butted in, getting a little annoyed. "Okay, okay, whatever. So, how did you hook up and when?"

I answered this time," Hmmm, about...5, 6 hours ago? He took care of me after I passed out in my living room. I woke up and well I kissed him so there." I didn't want to tell her the full truth or rather I couldn't. It was already bad enough I told Brice but he actually understood and accepted it. She was about to ask another question when her phone went off. "OH! That's my girlfriend! I'll see you guys later, bye!" She yelled while running out the door.

Brice chuckled and I just stared at where she was. "Well then....she's hyper." I said while still looking at her seat. Brice nodded and got up, putting the chair away. "My mom is gonna be home soon as well so be prepared for that I guess." I nodded and got up as well, going to my new room. I closed the door behind me and pulled my hood down. I stared into the mirror, my hair frizzy from where it was trapped under the material. I smoothed it down and pulled my headband off, letting my bangs almost fully cover my eye.

I stared at my appearance, my odd mage clothes, my ugly brown hair, my strange eyes, and my amulet. I gripped the amulet and the red gems turned purple where I touched it, fading to red when I pulled away. I tried smiling and my eyes widened, I almost looked normal when I smiled. The bruises were already fading away from not being repeatedly hit and my eyes didn't have dark circles under them.

I'd been free from that man for almost a day and I already looked better. I smiled again and left the room, hood still pulled down. Brice was sitting on the couch looking bored but brightened up when he saw me. "Hey Seto!" I walked over and sat on his lap, nuzzling into his neck. He giggled slightly and looked down at me. "You remind me up a cat right now." I pouted and got up.

"Hey, come back." Brice whined, drawing the a out while making grabby hands. I chuckled and sat back down, getting an idea. "Hey Brice, how would you like it if...for a day I made myself part cat?" I asked while going through a couple spells in my head. He looked down at me with wide eyes. "You can do that?" I nodded and continued thinking. "That would be so cool!"

I chuckled again at his enthusiasm and got up again. "I'll be right back." I ran to my room and grabbed the book from my dresser. I found the right page and book marked it before going back down. As I was about to sit down again the door opened. "Brice? I'm home!"

"Hey mom!" He yelled back and I saw another blonde with the same eyes but they were an icier blue. "Oh, who's this sweetie?" She asked while setting her bag down and approaching us. "Uh mom, this is my boyfriend Seto. I said he could stay with us because his was abusing him and I helped him get away." Okay, now his sister and his mom know two different things, well that's great. "Oh, you poor thing!" She squeezed me in a hug and my eyes widened. I couldn't breath!

"Mom, your kinda squishing him." Brice said, pointing at my trapped face. "Sorry dear!" She let me go and I stumbled back, landing on Brice's lap. "Oof!" He let out a pained breath and readjusted my position. "Well you can stay here, just don't do anything dirty when I'm not around." I blushed and looked down. They both chuckled and I punched Brice's arm.

"Ow, that hurt." He rubbed the now red mark and I stared wide eyed where I hit him. "Oh, sorry Brice! I didn't mean to hit you that hard!" He shook his head and smiled. "Its okay."

"Well I'm going back out with some friends, don't do anything, you hear?" We nodded and she grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

Brice looked at me and asked, "What'cha wanna do now?" I shrugged so he got up and grabbed a controller from in front of the tv. "Here." He handed it to me and I stared at it confused. I had no idea how to work one of these. He turned the television on and then pressed a button on a black box, which I guessed was some sort of game thing.

He sat down again with his own controller and the television had some sort of menu on it. "We're gonna play some SoulCaliburV on the PS3 okay?" I nodded and held the controller the way he did. After a bit of logo screens and a loud voice announced the name a weird noised sounded as he pressed a button. A menu came up and he went to one labeled Character Creation. "Here, your going to make your own character to fight with and the we'll actually battle. I'm a bit rusty at it so you might win if you button mash enough to figure out the controls."

I nodded again and after him explaining some things and me creating my character it was time to fight. I had made a viola character because she used magic and had a made basically a female version of myself.

'Hey Seto.'

'Oh, hey Crimson. Where've you been?'

'Sleeping.'

'Wow.'

'Shutup. Anyway, press down, right, triangle, triangle, up circle, then down r1.'

I did so and Brice's character was sent halfway across the battlefield and a quarter of his green health bar was down.

'Thanks!'

'Anytime.'

After she told me a few more combos and moves I had managed to basically destroy Brice's character and he stared at me in awe. "How did you do that? I was really trying!" I chuckled and looked away. "Oh, a little birdie told me a few things."

"That's cheating! You can't have her help you! How does she even know how to play?" I shrugged and laughed while Brice pouted. This was the most fun I've had in years.

"Aww, its okay Brice." I crawled over the couch and held him, rubbing his head while trying not to laugh. He sighed and leaned into my touch. I smiled and ended up holding him, a change of the usual reversed position. Brice eventually fell asleep and I gently lied him down and somehow turned off the machines. I returned to the couch and lied next to him, worming my way into his arms.

'This is nice.'

--------------------

Wooo! We reached 10 whole chapters! *does dance* Also yes, I meant girlfriend when Sapphire's phone went off.