Chapter Fifty One

Start from the beginning

It was too painful just to tell the story. It was more than just remembering, it felt like I was reliving that nightmare all over again, a nightmare I had to live with everyday of my life. 

There was a long silence between us bago siya nagsalita ulit.

"At gusto mong makaganti sa kanila kaya sinasaktan mo sila?" She asked.

I nodded my head.

"Masaya ka na ba ngayon? You finally got what you wanted. Nasaktan mo si Harold, si Olivia at si Tristan." 

I paused for awhile and I found myself asking the same question. Was I happy ngayon nakaganti na ako sa kanila? I thought I would be but I wasn't. It didn't make any difference. I was still miserable.

"I pity you, Miranda. You're living a life of anger and bitterness." Sabi niya. "Kahit ano pang gawin mo, kahit saktan mo pa sila ng saktan hindi mo na mababago ang nangyari. You have to forgive them for yourself and move on." 

"Hi, cutie." I played with Nicholas' tiny hand. I was thinking about what Aiko said... about forgiving. I didn't know if I could do it. 

I snapped out of my thought when the baby reached out and grasped my finger. Nicholas looked alot like Phoenix, he had the same hazel eyes as his dad, the same nose and the same lips. Just a few more months and I'll have my own baby too. It made me wonder what mine would look like. Will he or she look more like me or Tristan? Or maybe a beautiful mix of us. Sabik na sabik na akong makita siya. 

I looked up at Phoenix, he was sitting on the rocking chair looking out the window with Audrey in his arms.

"Any news about Cassie?" I couldn't help but ask. Bigla na lang naglaho na parang bula si Cassie pagkatapos niyang manganak. Ni hindi nga niya hinintay na makalabas ng ospital She stole five million pesos from Phoenix and ran away with her lover.

"Don't ever mention that whore's name in front of my children." Nagtagis ang mga bagang niya.

"And don't ever use that language in front of them." I rolled my eyes at him. 

Phoenix inhaled and exhaled deeply and then he kissed his daughter's forehead.  He really loved Cassie. Unlucky for him, Cassie only loved his money. Bakit ba ang malas namin sa mga taong minamahal namin? Tinuon ko na lang ulit ang atensyon ko kay Nicholas. 

I decided to stop at a restaurant before heading home. I parked my car on an empty space in front of it. Bumaba ako ng kotse at mula sa bintana ng restaurant nakita ko ang pamilyar na mukha. It was Tristan and he was with a woman. Namukhaan ko agad ang babaeng kasama niya. How could I forget the face of the woman who ruined our relationship? That homewrecker! Tumalikod ako para bumalik sa kotse pero agad nagbago ang isip ko.