Chapter Thirty Eight

"Hi mom, hi dad. Miss me?" I said in a cheerful voice. Naabutan ko sila ni Olivia sa veranda na nag-aalmusal. They turned their heads and their eyes lit up when they saw me. 

"Andi." Dad smiled from ear to ear. I tried my best not to roll my eyes. "I'm so happy to see you, sweetheart."

"From now on, you'll see me everyday, dad. I'm staying here." And I'll make your life a living hell. I had to literally bite my tongue to keep those words from spilling out of my mouth.

"Andi, Anak..." He got up from his seat at inalalayan siya ni Olivia. They both walked towards me and hugged me. Ugh! I wanted to push them away from me, these people are murderers, I had to remind myself that this is all for the show. I had to do this.

 "You don't know how happy I am." Dad cupped my face and kissed me on the forehead. "Sana mapatawad mo na ako. Pinagsisi-"

"I've already forgiven you, dad, mom. Let's just forget about what happened." I managed to say with a smile. Although saying that felt like acid burning in my throat. It still hurts to talk about it.

"Oh darling..." He hugged me again. When Harold broke out of the hug, si Olivia naman ang lumapit sa akin.

"We're so sorry. We love you so much, sweety." She looked at my face before giving me a hug.

"I'm s-sorry din sa inasal ko sa ospital." 

"No, baby. It's okay, we understand." Olivia said.

I joined them for breakfast. And I had to actually have a conversation with them. I was having a conversation with the people who killed my child. The two of them were so happy, little did they know that I only came back to ruin their lives. Just like how they ruined mine. After finishing my breakfast, I excused myself and went to my room. 

Pag-akyat ko sa kwarto ko nandoon na ang mga luggage na ipinaakyat ko kanina sa maid. Wala pa rin halos pinagbago ang kwarto ko. It was left the way I had seen it before I went to New York. Umupo ako sa gilid ng kama at biglang tumunog ang phone ko. 

Kinuha ko ang phone ko from my pocket. Jason's name appeared on the screen. I clicked the answer button. "Hello, husband." 

"Wife." I heard him chuckle on the other end. "Oh Andi."

"Bumalik na ako sa mansyon." Sabi ko. 

"Good." He said.

"But, God, Jason, I can't stand breathing the same air as them." I complained.

"It will all pay off in the end." 

I rolled my eyes. "Easy for you to say."