Chapter Forty Seven

Nililibang ko ang sarili ko sa mall when I saw Phoenix and Cassie, who was very pregnant, he had his arm around Cassie's shoulder at masaya silang nag-uusap. I just had to stare at them for a little while. Phoenix seemed so happy and contented and Cassie was glowing from her pregnancy. She looked really beautiful and radiant, pregnancy suited her well. Napangiti ako ng makita kong halikan ni Phoenix si Cassie sa noo. He's so obviously in love with his wife and they looked so good together.

My heart constricted painfully when my I lowered my eyes to her belly. I was happy for them, I really was but I couldn't help but be jealous. There's always a twinge of sadness and jealousy when I see pregnant women. 

"Hey, Andi!" Narinig kong sabi ni Phoenix nang makita niya ako.

I smiled at him at lumapit ako sa kanila. "Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

"We're just looking around for things for the babies." Phoenix said with a wide smile on his face. 

Napatingin ako kay Cassie at sa tiyan niya. She looks like she's ready to give birth anytime soon. I really envy her. I wished it was me. She's just so beautiful and happy with her gorgeous bump. Kailan ko kaya mararanasan ang maging isang ina? Will I ever know what it feels like to have a baby growing inside me?

"Ilang months na?" I asked Cassie while looking at her tummy.

She smiled faintly. "Seven."

"Now, you only have to wait two more months." I said with a smile and sighed. They were having twins. Phoenix was so happy when he told me the news. He was so excited he told everyone, he was such a proud daddy-to-be and I think it was cute. Kung sinabi ko kaya kay Tristan noon na buntis ako, ano kaya ang magiging reaction niya.

"I know. Ngayon pa lang excited na ako. I can't wait to meet them." Masayang sabi ni Phoenix as he gazed fondly at her bump. The look on his face everytime he talks about the babies was priceless.

"Am I gonna have nieces or nephews or both?" Tanong ko.

"Actually, we don't know the gender of the twins yet. We want it to be a surprise." Sabi ni Phoenix. 

"Oh!" Napahawak si Cassie sa tiyan niya. Pareho kaming napatingin kay Cass.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked.

What's wrong, Cass?" Nag-aalalang napahawak si Phoenix sa tiyan ng asawa niya. 

Cassie smiled and put her hand on his. "Nothing. I just felt a kick." She moved Phoenix's hand around. "Did you feel that?"

Napangiti din si Phoenix at tumango.  "Yeah, yeah I did."

Tumingin sa akin si Cassie. "They're getting more and more active everyday. Minsan nga nagigising ako ng madaling araw dahil nararamdaman ko silang gumagalaw sa tiyan ko."