Changing Destiny

Changing Destiny

Joy is fleeting
So much so that sometimes you wish your heart would just stop beating in those moments of needing, moments of seeking for someone to just see that you are bleeding.
They turn their heads elsewhere, eyes darting idly, acting as if they do not see your soul leaking.
Yet when they see you basking in the sun, they run to you, smiles beaming.
They welcome themselves back, pretending as if they had never broken the treaty.
But with every hole while conversating the guilt weighs in on the guilty,
As the laughter dies you can feel that something is building.
It’s the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning
And it feels oh so thrilling.
At least that’s what you believe until you’re alone staring up at the ceiling with eyes that don’t know whether they should be tearing.
There’s a battle in your head as you writhe around in your bed wishing that your feelings were dead.
Because at least if they were dead that would be one less excuse to turn your eyes red.
One less excuse to turn to the keg only to wake up next to a stranger in someone else’s bed.
Shame washes over you as you stare up at the showerhead.
You told yourself you were never going to do this again.
But then again…
You tell yourself that every time and then wonder if this cycle is ever going to end!
Red, keg, bed
Red, keg, bed
Red, keg, bed
Man, you wish you was de-
You keep it all in your head
Certain words mustn’t be said.
Otherwise you’ll end up in a different kind of bed.
And then you’ll really wish you were…
But the body is made to and can mend.
Rules are meant to be broken, not to simply bend.
So, pick yourself up and scream “This is not the end!”
Because darling, this is something you were merely meant to transcend.