I learned to block out that day but I guess I haven't fully gotten over it.

My method of relieving myself of that anger was the punching bag. Someone rubbed against my leg I knew it was Isis. She was the one who always comforted me as Rhameses the proud feline he was, showed me, tough love, by intently staring at me while sharing a few words of his own. "I know. They are all right but... I just can't." I grounded out punching the bag with all my might.

I went at it, probably for hours maybe less because someone's presence was behind me. Slowing down my jabs, then holding the bag I waited for the person to talk. I knew who it was. His presence was dominating along with the scent of his cologne I have known for so many years. "Annalisa called," he said.

"I'm not a child anymore, father." I huffed heatedly going towards the cooler in the corner.

"I know this but I still care for you."

I said nothing, tiredly I went to the benches, allowing him to take off my boxing gloves. "Your mother and I still remembered that day. We weren't prepared to see our only son so broken. A child's heartbreak is something no parent can ever be prepared for. We did our best to be there for you."

"You two did great," I interjected softly. He chuckled leaving a faint smile on his face, it was a rarity to see him like this. All the smiles and laughter were reserved for his family. I was lucky in life to see how much a man can love a woman through him. He taught me how to treat a woman and how to respect her but.... that wasn't enough to keep her. Ronnie still betrayed me.

"I know it hurts, son but you and I both know it's time to move on." he continued.

"Yes, father."

"Your first social event is tonight. Charity Ball."

"What? I thought I had two days grace. The media will be in a frenzy." I began to complain.

 "Your mother and I know this. That's why it will be like a family outing. Two of her paintings are up for auction. All details are left with Annalisa. See you tonight son."

Releasing a defeated sigh I gave him a nod agreeing with him but my mind was on my debut back into society. Questions will be coming my way with fake smiles and shark-like interest. I was once told I was too soft for the society I was born into and tonight I will prove them wrong. No one will get the best of me. Giving my father one last hug I allowed him to leave, settling back into my new home filled with silence.

The traffic was worse than I remembered. I never liked the city but it's where I will be till I'm settled in as chairman. I missed our home in the gated community, big but had a great comfortable homey feeling. I was thinking of my childhood between countries, how much fun I had, it all was doing wonders to calm my state of mind as we crawled towards the venue. "It's too early," I muttered tugging at the most irritable tie around my neck.

"It's for the best," Annalisa answered tapping away on her phone.

"How is this for the best? It's a charity event and those bloodsuckers will only care for a fucking story from me about what happened years ago."

"It will let them see that you are the responsible level-headed bachelor and hometown prince they claim you to be. Just breathe. Your parents are waiting." she answered ignoring my rant. Shaking my head I returned my focus to the street leading up to the museum of art and history. I loved the place and was somewhat at ease knowing I can escape if needed. Up ahead I can see the flashing of cameras trying to capture whoever alighted from their limo. We were two cars behind, in my mind I went over the mantras I created for myself to stay calm. It took ten repetitive mantras for our limo to finally meet the entrance. The family emblem on the limo's flag will be enough to tell everyone who were the occupants. Taking a deep breath I glanced at Annalisa, "Five hours." was all she said before pushing me gently to the door. Placing one foot on the walkway my bodyguards occupied their positions immediately.