#09 CheckMate.

"Alex's P. O. V."

"This everything I could find that's non lethal

"This everything I could find that's non lethal." Allison says while me, her, Sheriff, Chris and Derek walk into a certain room in her apartment. "Take it all." Chris says and she starts packing them while I help her. "What's the plan?" Sheriff asks. "Our best opportunity is for Derek's going to track Stiles scent from Eichen House, especially if he lived something stressful." Chris explains.

"The five of us have to go to the same place?" Sheriff asks. "Where else has Stiles been going?" Chris asks. "The school, the hospital-" "Wait, didn't we already did this? He disappeared, we started looking for him and we fell in his trap at the hospital." I interrupt Allison. "Exactly." Derek agrees. "He wants us to repeat our moves." Chris says.

"Then what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" Allison asks. "We can't, not if the Onies find him at sundown." Derek says. "Scott's taking care of that with Kira." I say. "That's the problem, we're trying to be more clever than the Fox." Chris says. "Look, I'll understand if somebody wants to back out." Sheriff says.

"I'm not backing out." I say while the rest looks at each other in silence. "I won't be the first Wolf in running away from a Fox." Derek says and grabs something that looks like a type of watch from the table. "Apparently I have a lightsaber." Chris says. "We'll go to the hospital and you'll go to the Eichen House, well meet up at school." I say and we part ways.

Derek and Chris are going to Eichen House and me, Sheriff and Allison are going to go to the hospital.

************************************************************

The door of the elevator at the hospital closes while we sigh in a tiring way. "I don't know how you guys do it. You're really strong, you're not afraid, you even doing good in school." Sheriff comments which isn't all true. "I'm flunking economy." Allison says while I stay quiet.

"It's Coach's class?" Sheriff asks and we nod. "Well I can talk to him." Sheriff says and I notice a strong smell of sadness and look to the side at Allison to see her holding back tears. Sheriff stops the elevator while Allison takes in a few uneven breaths as I place a hand on her shoulder to support her. "Hey, are you okay?" Sheriff asks.

"I am afraid. I'm terrified. I'm- I'm always terrified, I- act like I know what I'm doing but I don't. I don't know if Isaac's dying right now. I don't know if I made a mistake with Scott... or Alex. I don't know what my dad's thinking, I don't know if we should trust Derek. I don't know- I- I don't know anything." Allison says while trying not to cry and I pull her in for a hug.

"You want me to tell you something? That happens to us polices." Sheriff says while rubbing her back to sooth her. "And you didn't do anything wrong with me or Scott. Majority of the time I don't know what to do either." I say and Allison pulls away from the hug after letting out a small chuckle at what we said.

"You're going to be alright." I assure her and Sheriff agrees with a nod. "We're going to help you." I say. "All of us." Sheriff assures too. He reaches a hand out to make the elevator move again but before he can, his phone starts to vibrate in his pocket. He pulls his phone out and his scream says 'Digital Life System'.

"What's that?" I ask. "It's the security alarm. Somebody broke in my house." Sheriff informs. "After Stiles started sleepwalking... I had to take drastic measures. Sensors, cameras." Sheriff explains while touching a few stuff on the scream of his phone. "That's his room?" Allison asks as soon as the scream shows Stiles' room.

"Yeah." I answer. Stiles, or the Nogitsune, is sitting on the bed and looking directly at the camera. He lifts his hand up and moves his fingers as if saying 'hi'.

************************************************************

"What's all of this?" Chris asks, referring to the chess board. Me, him, Allison, Derek and Sheriff are at his house in Stiles room, but he's not here anymore. But there's a chess board with a few pieces out and others that have our names as if it's us. "What's all these notes for?" Chris asks.

"Stiles used them to explain to me everything... about you." Sheriff says. "Maybe it's a message from Stiles. The real Stiles." Allison says as Chris then lifts a peon with Isaac's name, it's out of the board. "Do you think there's any reason to why my name is on the king?" Derek asks. "And why mine is on the Queen and Scott's is on a peon?" I ask.

"You're both regarded, Scott, not so much." Sheriff says. "But what's alarming here is that... you're one move away from checkmate." Sheriff finishes saying. "It's not a message from Stiles." Chris says. "It's a threat from the Nogitsune." I say, I noticed it from the peon with Isaac's name being out while Isaac's at the hospital.

"He's at Derek's house, it's what he's trying to tell us." Allison says. "He wants us to go there." Chris says. "It's getting dark." Derek says. "It couldn't sound more like a trap." Chris says. "I don't think it is one." Sheriff says. "If he wants us there it's for a reason, he probably just wants to see how stupid we are to believe that with this we have the upper hand." I say.

"Exactly." Derek agrees like he had previously done. "Listen to me, we're dealing with somebody who needs more reasons, sintom nisom." (A/N: I don't know how to write it.) Sheriff says. "What does that mean?" Chris asks. "Our enemy isn't a killer. He's a joker. Killing is just a derivate of it." Sheriff explains.

"If you're trying to say he won't kill us, I don't feel so sure about it." Derek says. "Me neither." I agree. "He won't do it, he plays with ironies. He wants to play us a prank, we just have to figure out how to put him back in his place." Sheriff says. "The sun is going down Sheriff, what do you want to do?" Chris asks.

************************************************************

Sheriff slides open the door to Derek's loft while me, Allison, Chris and Derek wait outside around the corner, we'll only interfere if it's necessary. Before coming here I had texted Scott to tell him to meet us here. "Hi dad." I hear Stiles say.

A/N: Sorry this was really short but at the start of the next chapter/episode/part I want her to be with Void Stiles at Derek's loft so you can read more confusing sh*t.