II.

Marck lies in bed as the rain pours down harder outside. "Tsk. May bagyo ba? Ba't ang lakas ng ulan?" his sister says as she makes her way to where he is. Marck doesn't pay attention to her. His thoughts and emotions are drowned out by the pitter-pattering of the raindrops outside. 

"Marck. Psst. Marck. Huyy." Kanina pa siyang kinukulit ng kapatid niya, but he is too tired to even respond to her. He always becomes emotionally drained when it rains. He closes his eyes and tries to sleep but he feels a finger on his stomach, constantly poking him. "Maaaarck. Okay ka lang?" He grunts in response and rolls over to the other side of the bed. This time, instead of getting pokes to his stomach, he gets a pillow to the face. Marck jolts up in shock "Mia what the fuck? Are you trying to kill me?" His sister hit him like a WWE fighter. "Bakit ang lakas ng palo niya?" Marck thinks. His sister waves the pillow in his face, as if threatening to hit him again "Next time kasi, sumagot ka ng maayos!" she sits beside him "Alam kong 'di ka okay. You always get like this when it rains. You're thinking about her aren't you? 

His sister knows him well. Too well, maybe. Marck lets out a heavy sigh "I don't want to talk about it, Mi." He receives another sharp slap from his sister "Aray Mi! Ba't ang bayolente mo ngayon ah?" She gives him a blank look "Don't me Marck. Kapatid mo ako 'no. I can tell pag nag d'drama ka diyan." She sits herself across from her brother "Spill." she says. Marck rubs his face and lets out another heavy sigh. His sister groans "Urghh, quotang-quota ka na sa sighs mo today. I'm sick of hearing them. Less sighing, more talking or you get the pillow again." That earns a rare laugh from him "Uy tumawa na siya. Oh mag kwento ka na." Marck sighs again, which earns a glare from his sister. 

"Pagod na ako, Mi." he says "Pagod na pagod. Bakit ba kasi ganon? Mahal namin ang isa't isa diba? Hindi pa ba yan sapat?" Mia gives him a another glare and another pillow to the face. "Ahh, Mi! Ang sakit ah! Pwede kanang mag volleyball player, tangina." "'Wag kang magmura sa akin, gago." "Eh minumura naman niya ako." Marck thinks to himself "Alam mo Marck.."  Haynako, she's really going to get into this."  

"Para kang becky." 

"Harsh mo ah."

"Shhhh makinig ka sa akin." Marck holds back his laughter at how his sister is really getting into this. She is a Psychology major after all. "Para kang becky. Iyak ka ng iyak diyan, 'masakit talaga, masakit talaga' ka diyan. It's been two years Marck! Hindi ka dapit ganito! Dapat lumabas ka na ulit! Dapat mag chi-chix ka na ulit! Dapat tularan mo si Kuya Rex. Naka ilang girlfriend na ba siya? Joke hehe." Mia makes a peace sign while he shakes his head and laughs at his sister.  "Isusumbong talaga kita kay Rex." Marck says "Uy 'wag," Mia says "love ko kaya yan. His fuckboy ways? Hmm not so much." Marck lets out a small laugh. 

"So what's up nga?" Mia asks. She knows what's up, she just wants Marck to tell her himself. "Yes. It's her. It's always been her, Mi." Marck's voice is layered with all the emotions he's been bottling up for months. The tears are threatening to sting his eyes again but he holds them back "I can't stop thinking about her. I never have been. Ever since she came into my life and right up to the moment she left me. Siya pa rin." The tears he's been fighting to hold back spill now. His eyes burst open like a dam. He practically is a dam, holding in the emotional baggage he has carefully locked away. But on days like this, he can't stop them.  

His sister pulls his head onto her shoulders. She rubs his back and whispers soothing things into his ear "Shhh. Hey, you're going to be okay, Marck. You're okay. It's going to be okay." She knows he isn't and he probably never will be, but she can't help but hope for her broken brother. In the deepest parts of her mind, she still believes she will come back and fix him again.