chapter 5 \\ flowers. //

It had been a few days since they got to earth. Right now, scarlet and sapphire were collecting daisies and other variety of flowers around their little hideaway.

Rue had gone off, to see what else was around, and they were finally getting used to the chirping of birds in the day time, and the croaking of the crickets at night.

They had started to decorate the bush with flowers and the long tendril vines they found. The small clearings ground certainly looked as if there was a camp around there, BECUASE the ground was trappled from the 3 gathering abunch of miscellaneous.

The gems from before didn't seem to bother them,- or at least couldn't find them in the area. It was getting dark, and rue was seen nearing the clearing, so sapphire and scarlet walked back into the bush and put the flowers down.

" We found so many pretty earth plants! " scarlet said happily, as rue crawled in.

"thats, alot! " rue exclaimed, while standing up and brushing off the dirt on her.

Sapphire was twiddling a daisy, in her nimble fingers, while humming. She was actually quite bored right now, the flower picking was not that interesting to her besides the soft petals of the plants.

She yawned quietly, as the area around them became darker. She laid down, an darkness consumed her thoughts.

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

The chirping of the sparrows and bluejays, is what first awoke her.

When she had opened her eye, no one was in the bush. They were gone.

She sat up slowly and thought, ' the could have gone to the south. We haven't been that way yet... ' she stopped her thoughts, when she heard a faint- crack. There it is again.... It was coming from outside!

She quietly and, might I add as slowly as possible crawled out, poking her head out- !!! There seemed to be another gem in third camp! Its blue.... Wait! It looks like another sapphire! I have to get rue, and scarlet!

She than darted- trying to make no sound, to the southern parts of the woods. She would have to sneak past the intruder to get to the path.

There weren't many sticks or rocks to make sound by hitting or cracking- but there were leaves! She was so close to getting out of sight and into the woods but, something of course had to happen!

Crunch!

Sapphire cringed at the sound that split the quiet air like a knife. She looked over towards the other sapphires direction, and saw... She noticed her.

Yellow sapphire froze in place as she watched the blue gem But, oddly the gem said " hello. "