43- The Girl in Blue

Mulai dari awal

"Nope," Carmen sighs. "I've been so busy planning that I hadn't even thought about it."

"I'll be your date," Jake says quickly as they're setting up the punch table. She quickly turns her head to look at him, thinking that maybe she misheard him or something. "I mean, you have to have some fun tonight."

"Yeah?" She never really thought about Jake like that, always saw him as just a friend but he's a really good friend and after he suggests that, she's starting to wonder why she never looked at him as somebody more than a friend. He's cute, he's nice, he's funny. He's tall and she always likes tall guys.

"Sure," He confirms with a nod. "I'm a good date, too. It'll be fun."

"Okay," She decides with a small smile. "No night cap though."

"You say that now," He jokes. "Just wait until you see my moves."

Carmen laughs and she's suddenly feeling even more excited about this gala... as if that's even possible.

Two hours before the New Year, Levi is at his brother's house to get ready for the big night because he needs to make sure that he gets everything right. He could have gotten ready at his apartment but his brother is older and he can tie a tie way better than Levi can. He's also incredibly nervous and he needs his brother's words of encouragement now more than ever.

"This is the girl that came to Thanksgiving?" Eric asks his little brother as Levi is slipping on the suit's jacket. His hair looks wrong.

"Yeah," Levi confirms with a shaking sigh.

"What happened to Addison?"

"I broke up with her," He explains to his brother. "So that I could go with Lana. I know that it's kind of stupid and definitely a jerk move but I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't give this a shot with Lana. She's incredible."

"She seemed like a really nice girl," Susanne pipes as she comes into the room holding a glass of wine. Their two kids are already asleep and Eric and Susanne are going to spend the New Year on the couch, watching the ball drop on TV like the old couple that they are. Levi teases them about it all of the time. "I think that this is romantic. I stopped by the store earlier and got you these to give to her."

She points to the bouquet of flowers on the dresser of the guest room. She knew that Levi wouldn't think of it because his brain is so scattered right now but flowers are always a good idea.

"They look nice. Thanks, Susanne," Levi breathes out. "My hair is terrible."

"No," Eric says quickly before his stupid baby brother can mess it up. "It looks good. Don't mess with it, just trust me."

Levi trusts him and so he leaves it alone. After the emotional tension between Lana and him in the past few months, this night has to be perfect. He has to prove to Lana that the wait was worth the while. He has to prove to himself that he didn't ruin things with Addison for nothing, because breaking up with her really sucked. He does love her but he doesn't love her as much as she deserves to be loved. And he doesn't love her as much as he thinks that he can love Lana.

She's gorgeous in every way, inside and out. Her hair is soft, almost the same color as her brown eyes. And he is in love with the look in her eyes that she gets when she suddenly gets an idea. He saw it so many times when they were creating their film, that bright look she gets. And the way that she is so passionate and driven, she knows exactly what she wants and she takes it. But she does it carefully, so that she doesn't hurt anybody around her.

The world needs more people like her.

He wants to spend this night with Lana and he wants to spend the rest of his life with her, watching her eyes light up with a million new ideas. Creating new art forever, and probably together. They work so well together. They could be a power couple, directing and creating films together as a living.