Know where you stand

It was scandalous, it was sinful and very wrong. I am a woman who was wild however, I have morals.. I never wanted to commit Adultery and that was what he wanted from me even for a short time, even if it was temporary, it was very wrong.

"My dear.." he whispers, taking my hand in his, I squeezed it tight giving him a tight smile.

"Hey.." Dean looked at me with a worried look, leaning closer he pressed a kiss on my forehead down to my lips.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He placed a kiss on my cheek. I shook my head lightly, holding his face close to mine I placed a kiss on his lips.

"Its nothing for you to worry about." I rubbed the soft tanned skin of his cheek and it may be wrong but I thought of Luc at that moment. Dean just nodded, smiling he pulled me out of the car - we were going together on this auction charity event, his family was hosting it and he wanted me to meet them. In these moments I wished this was how Luc treated me, wished he didn't marry her but I guess we weren't really meant for each other.

We entered the venue, everyones eyes on us especially me. Dean Marcelo is an Italian Tycoon who had every investment, business and power in his hands, he did it legally. He was Europes top Bachelor until I snagged him away - words of the press, not mine.

Dean greeted the masses and they exchanged words trying to woo the man with their business and money, women looked at me with a glare and I gave them a glare back which made them either flinch or look away. I was not a common whore, I have a stand in this industry and I won't let them step on me like how they intimidated the other women who wanted to cling to their men.

"Lets sit here my love." He pulled out a chair for me and I was soon greeted with familiar faces. There was Cassandra and Darcy who both gave me a smug smile making me roll my eyes, to my surprise there sat the wives and mistresses of the 3 Dons I met two years back. They gave me a small smile, one looked friendly and the others just looked kind of afraid or polite.

Seeing them in the same venue was surprising however, seeing them in the same table made me feel concerned. Did Dean know the 3 Dons?

"Quit looking so smug you two." I hissed at both Cassandra and Darcy who was giggling like school girls.

"We can't just help it Moira, we're happy you look happy with Dean." Cassandra was smiling genuinely and Darcy nodded making me suppress a tear.

"Have you spoken with Luc since then?" I shook my head and pulled out my phone and sent a message to Odele to cancel my meetings for a week since Dean and I plan on going to Germany.

"Well look who's back." A male voice cut through the beautiful moment, there stood Don Lorenzo behind his wife who squeezed one of his hands on her shoulder.

"Don Lorenzo." Logan called out in a heavy tone, making the man look at him. Both had a little staring match.

"Mr. and Mrs. Black, Mrs. Harper and Moira." He greeted all of us and I noticed, he still didn't know my last name.

"Well, I'm going to go look for Dean." I pulled out of my chair and went to search for him. I found him a few feet away with people crowding him, I greeted people on the way and grabbed his arm taking him by surprise however, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close.

Most of the night we didn't get to sit,  we were up on our feet - speaking with other people apart and together.  With how we were tonight,  most asked if we're bound to get married which we just merely smiled at. 

As we neared our table,  we were stopped by a couple who stood in our way.  I met his eyes and he met mine, my arm that was wrapped around Dean's bicep had a tighter grip especially when I felt Luc's eyes on me. 

They were burning holes on my head as though he wanted me to get a hint of something or simply just be away from Dean.

"Mr.  Fiore,  Mrs.  Fiore. " Dean greeted both and when he called her missus,  I felt a hard punch in my heart. I was once in that position..

"Mr. Marcelo..  Ms. Genovese. " The way he said our names were so different.  He spoke Deans with anger and mine with longing, I wanted to meet his eyes once more though I knew if I did,  i'd crawl back into his arms like he'd want to.

"Lets go. " I urged Dean and he nodded,  we both walked away from the couple and just saying that makes my head hurt.

I was so deep in thought that I hadn't heard someone calling my name so loud,  that the only time was when she grabbed my arm and almost ripped me away from Dean.

I was face to face with Patricia who was looking less than pleasant with the look she was giving me.

"You will never replace me. " she hissed and I raised a brow at her.  I knew at that moment,  she was nothing more than the bitch who ruined Luc and I which I was close to getting over now.

I ripped my arm off her claws that dug in my skin - the action alone was painful since I managed to scratch myself but I was furious that the pain didn't bother me.

She looked takeb aback and surprised when I raised my hand and landed a slap on her face hard that the sound echoed in the now silent function.

"Mind who you are talking to.  You may be a wife of a Mafia Don however you do not have and will never have the power to be above me.  Who the hell do you think you are?! " I rose my voice with every word, looking at her straight in the eyes. I was now beyond furious with her thinking she could belittle me.

"Replace you?  Please.  Woman I am better than you and more than you would ever be. " I emphasized the last part and gave her a nasty glare.  She stood there frozen,  a hand on her bruising cheek and fear in her eyes.

"Without Luca, who are you?  You are nothing. Know where you stand.  "

The whole night went on as if nothing happened,  women looked at me with fear. After that incident the two left but Luc left me a longing glance before disappearing with his wife and then reappearing without her.

I never once looked at him though I felt his presence everywhere that night.