1 - JJ

Jennifer jareau stared in the mirror. A white three-quarter sleeved length shirt over black suit trousers. Her make-up was natural as it always was.

She, again was early for work. Just like every other day.  She had 30 minutes before she had to leave. She loved her job. The travelling, the different cases and the team. Well to them it was more of a family. Elle had only left 2 months ago, however the whole team still felt different without her there. Her mind drifted to Spencer -Spence. He was her best friend although he always seemed like a brother to her. - she couldn't help smiling as she thought of everything they had been through together, she felt sorry for him in a way. Jennifer knew that he had liked Elle and for the year that she had been part of the team, she had tried to help him to gather the courage to ask her out - each attempt had failed.

JJ glanced at the clock, 6:30, she had to leave. She slipped her boots on, went to her front door, picked up her keys and left her house, ensuring she locked up. JJ got in her car and started the engine -The drive to Quantico was 35 minutes.

---------------------

When JJ arrived at Quantico it was busy as always. The smell of coffee, fresh paper and printing ink hit her nostrils. Over the years she had grown accustomed to the scent and quite liked it somehow, so she smiled and walked to her desk. She threw the go-bag under her desk and placed her handbag in the bottom drawer.

She blindly grabbed one of the files that littered her desk, peeled back the cover and started to read it. She did this a few more times while trying to decide which case to go with. Who should they help? Where should they go? As these thoughts consumed her head the lift behind her beeped. She looked around the bull pen, everyone was there apart from Rossi but he still had 20 minutes until he was supposed to get there. She turned her head to face the elevator. Her breath got stuck in her throat. Mouth slightly agape. She stared and slowly tried to regain control of herself - she took a breath. She turned her head away trying to forget the human that she had just seen. She took another short glance around and the woman was walking up the stairs.

She turned back around to face the team, Morgan laughing at her. It was no secret that JJ was gay. She had told the team a few weeks into working there, after a case. "See something you like, blondy?" Morgan laughed.
"Shut up!" JJ snapped slightly annoyed and embarrassed that the whole team had seen her staring.
She threw a pen at Morgan when he started to sing, "JJ has a crush, JJ has a crush, JJ has a crush..." repeatedly.

-----------------------

It took almost 20 more minutes for JJ to decide which case to take. The mysterious woman still hadn't left Hotch's office. Part of her silently praying that she was the new member of the team but the more JJ thought about her, the more she thought that the mysterious woman would be in a relationship and very straight. 

JJ got up and headed for Hotch's office and Morgan started singing his song again "JJ has a crush, JJ has a crush, JJ has a crush..." she flipped him off. She knocked on Hotch's office door before opening it.

She saw the woman again and she was as beautiful as the first time she saw her. Shoulder length raven black hair, pale blue shirt with black pant-suit trousers. JJ could feel herself smiling. She shook her head as if she was coming out of a trance.  And turned to Hotch, the reason she had came into the room.

"We have a case. I am briefing is in 5" before scuttling out of the room shutting the door behind her and walking away to the briefing room, still hearing the chants of Morgan on the background. She didn't care about that now, just the raven haired woman in hotch's office.