3 - new agent

Emily received a call at 1 o'clock on Tuesday afternoon. "Hello" said the voice on the other side of the line. "Hello" Emily replied "you told me to call you when Aaron arrived back" the voice said quickly. "He will be here with the next two hours" with that the phone cut dead. Emily laughed got up and quickly got ready.

-----------------------

Emily got to the BAU within the hour. She took the lift up and walked into Hotch's office. She sat back down on the sofa. Emily wanted this job. This is what she was meant to do. In 20 minutes hotch opened the door to his office. "You have been here for two days have you" he stared at her. "No. I went home showered and had someone call me when you got back" Emily said. "Do you really want this job?". All Emily did was nod. "You start tomorrow 8am." Hotch answered. "Thank you. Oh thank you sir. You will not regret this. I promise." Emily said shaking his hand. " i will introduce you to the team tomorrow. Good day" hotch said laughing. Emily smiled "thanks sir" she said before leaving the BAU and traveling home.

-----------------------

Emily got into the BAU at 7:55. The next day. Walking straight to Hotch's office and knocked. "Come in" the reply was heard and in she walked. "Good morning, sir" Emily said. Hotch smiled "come on and meet the team"

They walk down into the bull pen. "Morgan" hotch spoke. "Get Garcia". The lift doors pinged open and out walked JJ. Her and Emily faintly smiled at each other. When Morgan walked through the door a  red haired bubbly woman walking behind him. JJ sat down at her desk and stared at hotch knowing that he was about to speak. "Guys" hotch started "this is our new agent, Emily Prentiss". One by one they all said their names and shock Emily's hand including a nice greeting as they did "Derek Morgan...its nice to meet you" he laughed staring at JJ after he spoke. "Penelope Garcia....we will be best friends and the girls nights that us girls can all have together" she was about to rant on about how else that it was good it was to meet her when Morgan spoke up "Baby Girl, let her breathe and meet the rest of us". "Oh, i am so sorry" Garcia said before taking Morgan's hand and standing next to him. "Spencer Reid.....it's a pleasure" he said before looking back down at his book. "Don't mind him" an older man spoke. "He is a genius, literally, that is all he does all day". Reid spoke up stuttering "I...I...I don't believe that genius can be accurately quantified but i do have an IQ of 180 and can read 20,000 words per minute" Everyone stared at him "okay i am a genius" he sat back down quickly after. "David Rossi" the older man said "it's nice to meet you". Finally the woman she had been waiting for. "Jennifer jareau. My friends call me JJ though" she said smiling as she stretched out her hand towards me "it's lovely to meet you" Emily smiled back.

Then she heard someone laugh behind her she turned and saw Morgan laughing. Before she knew it JJ had picked up a pen and threw it had him. "Shut up Morgan" he held his hands up in defence as Garcia started to catch onto what was happening. "My little blonde haired angle" Garcia spoke "i am really seeing this". JJ knew what she was talking about even if the rest  of the room (bar Morgan). "PG, don't start. Anyway we have a case you guys will have to annoy me later" Emily stood puzzled at what she had just seen.

Did JJ like her? Had she told Morgan and Garcia this? Why were the winding her up? Emily couldn't think of the answers to any of these questions that were floating around in the head