Chapter 34

'Oh my goodness! What are you doing here?' I ask from where I am still laying on Chris.

As soon as I see the two people walk through the door I'm immediately sitting up and trying to smooth my hair even though I know it's a lost cause. I really am not comfortable with them seeing me in this state since they used to be second parents to me. I haven't really seen them since Chris and I quit being friends. Well that's not true, I did see them once. That thought alone makes me wince, I don't want to remember that day right now.

'Liz Angel, are you ok?' Chris asks gently. Of course he would notice me winces. I love that he is so attentive to me but I wish he wasn't sometimes. Ok, that's a lie. I actually just wish I could hide my feelings like I used to from him but again I don't miss those days.

'Yeah.' I whisper to him after looking up into his blue eyes filled with worry and love for me.

'How are you doing pumpkin?' Chris's dad, Mark, asks from the doorway.

'I'm fine Mark, how are you?' I ask ignoring the sting when he calls me pumpkin. I haven't heard that nickname is so long it's trying to pull memories back that I don't want right now.

'Don't you dare lie to us young lady. I know what's going on.' Michelle, Chris's mom says stalking in the room while looking stern but eyes filled with regret. Seeing the regret confuses me greatly.

'I'm not sure what you're talking about Michelle.' I say looking at her quizzically.

'I'm sorry Liz, I had to tell her.' Mikey says walking in looking sheepish.

'Mikey, what the hell?!' Chris hisses. 'You know she didn't want them to know.'

'Dude, she totally almost ripped my ear off, you know that woman has the grip of an alligator once she has a hold of you.' Mikey says rubbing his extremely red ear.

'Chris it's fine.' I say trying to calm his ruffled feathers.

'No it's not Angel, I knew you didn't want the whole world to know what's going on. I'm sorry.' He says cupping my cheek with his hand.

'I love you for trying to protect me babe but we both know I couldn't keep it from Mark much less Michelle.' I say before leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

'I love you too.' Chris says after pulling back and keeping our eyes locked.

Our locked gaze is broken when a squeal echos through the room. When we turn to look, most of the guys have huge smiles on their faces including Mark but Michelle. Well Michelle has a smile so huge on her face that I'm scared it make either get stuck like that or break. Her face is flushed and she has tears falling from her eyes which again confuse me. Mark has his arms wrapped around her waist, I'm guessing keeping her at bay since she's pretty much bouncing with happiness.

'Mom, calm down.' Chris whines making me chuckle.

'Be nice to her, you know that she has planned this with Liz's mother before you were both even born.' Mark says making me wince and my eyes fill with tears.

'Dad.' Chris hisses at him.

'No he's right.' I say shakily. 'Uncle Joe told me that our mom's used to plan our wedding when we were little.' I put on a small shaky smile.

'Oh sweetie, she would've been so happy. I know she's probably looking down here at you both and squealing just like I did.' Michelle says while wiping her tears away.

'Ok, so what were you freaking about moments ago?' I ask abruptly changing the subject. I just don't want to think about Mom right now, I'm an open wound at the moment with being around them. They have so many memories with my Mom so, yeah.