Daddy's Cowgirl

My name is Elizabeth and this is my life. I am the average 17 year old girl about to start the 11th grade in high school. I play a few sports, like softball, cross country and track, but mainly I help take care of the family farm. I have a few very good friends that are very near and dear to my heart. High school so far has been hell for me, I'm picked on incessantly, as are some of my friends. I love my parents, even though I have a strenuous relationship with my father. It wasn't always like this but since my mom died a couple of years ago from a car accident nothing in my life has been the same. She kept everything right in my world, she was my best friend and I miss her terribly. So, as I said this is my life but more importantly this is my life after losing my mother.

"Ugh," I groan as I roll over and slap my alarm clock.

Awesome, it's the first day of my junior year. Can anyone hear the sarcasm in that thought? The only good thing about this being my junior year is the fact that it is the last year I have to deal with the bitches in the grade above me.

I throw the blankets off of me and head for the shower. When the hot water hits my skin I immediately become more alert. After showering I hurriedly do my hair so I can grab some clothes. Being the amazing person I am I did not plan out my "first day" outfit. Walking out of the bathroom and over to my closet I try to think of what to wear today as it's the first day. The first day most people try to dress up and while I want this day to be good I doubt the "perfect outfit" will make my day go better.

Going with a plain pair of blue jeans that are nicer than my work ones I also grab underwear. After slipping them on I grab the jeans I already picked out and pull them on quickly. I head over to the shirts and after sifting through the shirts I snag a random one that I picked up at a concert I went to this Summer. Swiftly pulling it over my head I reach back and pull my long hair from where it's currently trapped under my shirt as I walk over to my black cowboy boots. Before leaving the closet I snag a pair of socks heading over to my bed. Once I'm done pulling the boots on I grab my cell phone, book bag, and car keys, only stopping to snag my wallet off of my dresser.

I head out of my room and toward the stairs down the hall which lead me to the kitchen. From the lack of noise throughout the house I know that I'm alone, just how I like it. Well, I don't exactly like being alone but when you live with someone that acts and reacts to things like I do then you begin to enjoy the times you are alone.

Walking over to the fridge I grab 2 eggs out and hurriedly start making my breakfast. Sitting my breakfast, two eggs sandwiches, on the counter I quickly pour myself a glass of milk. Taking a sip as I head over to the bar. As soon as I take a big bite out of my sandwich my phone starts blaring Spice Girls 'Wannabe'. A huge grin lights my face and I snag my phone swallowing quickly. Of course that was a bad idea because now I'm choking to death. Damn it. I put the phone up to my ear still choking. When I am finally done trying to be murdered by my egg sandwich I hear laughter on the other end of the line.

"Seriously?! I could be dying right now and all I get is laughter from you? Thanks for the concern darlin'." I scoff and then take a sip of my milk which helps to soothe my pained throat. Bad egg sandwich, bad, I mentally scold the evil sandwich.

"Well you should learn to chew better E," she says while letting out a little laugh.

I just roll my eyes then realize she can't see it. "Whatever Nicole." I grumble.

"I know you just rolled your eyes and just so you know I don't appreciate it. Today is going to suck enough without you being grumpy." She states honestly.

"Yeah yeah, I hear you. I'm going to eat and head up to school. What's your ETA?" I question taking another bite of my sandwich.

"I'll be ready to leave in 15 or so." She says hurriedly soon followed by something falling.