2/'Volunteers'

I stand in my spot, standing in perfect rows of girls on my side, the other girls wearing dresses, me wearing boyish clothing.

Everyone is different and special in their own way, but today everyone had the same feelings.

The Principal starts to talk. "As you all have known since the beginning of the year, students will be participating in an event, our school was selected by the country's leaders themselves to represent our state.

"The reason or pattern that they had chosen school from all of the states are all different and unknown, but not matter. We had been chosen.

"You also know that we need volunteers to do this event, 6 students to be exact.

"Whether or whether not you still remember the hint of what the event was fom the beginning of this year does not matter. Continue standing if you are willing to volunteer for the school, sit if you are not willing, this is not permanent, it is just to see how many of you would be willing, knowing nothing about the vent.

About half and half boys and girls stand.

"Ok now everyone rise.

" Now, repeat this again, but know that the hint to this event location is 'a place unlike the one you are in now entirely, and nothing but humans are able to pass through the border, not even clothes or animals.

Once again, half and half.

"I am forbidden to say where the even will take place. The hunt does apply.
"If you volunteer, you will be taken to the same school, but your classes will vary depending on how well you preform on the test.
"What the school is about, I cannot say. But know that when you return in 3 years you will not have to continue schooling and and you will receive 50,000 monthly and 100,000 immediately when you return.
"But do not let the prize fool you. It is likely yay you. All of you know how rough surviving out there is. There is a predicted 15% chance of survival.
"That is all you are allowed to know at this time. We will now take volunteers.
"Also know that we need a minimum of 6 volunteers. At least 2 from either gender."
"You may now walk up to the stage if you wish to volunteer.
I immediately walk my way out of my row and up the stage, being the first one in stage.
"Katsa, very well."
We wait for a moment, no one else gets up.
I spot Tim, Tarek, Toby, and Simon looking at me worriedly.
I notice Nathan, Jerrod, and Alex shifting uncomfortably.
Talking starts and finally a boy walks on stage. Brendon.
"This is probably some stupid school with high stressed and depressed students that we're going to! That won't stop me he yells. That persuades Ethan and Gabe to walk on stage.
"Wrong! It's probably an area with many monsters! We can beat them easy!" Miles yells as he walks on stage. The gets Aden to walk on stage.
The students cheer on us, the 6 needed volunteers, but they're forgetting something.
"SILENCE!" The principal yells.
"Remember, 2 students of either gender are required. We need a lady to join Katsa."
"F*** all you b****es! Scared a**es! Il show you all!" Emily screams, running into stage.
Brendon starts walking off stage.
"Why are you leaving?" The principal asks Brendon.
"Don't you think the minimum is good enough?" He answer.
"You do know that the consequences of walking of the stage is that you will be require to finish grade school but you will only receive a partial diploma, never be allowed to earn any more that $10 and hour, and not have a government job?" The principal asks.
"I understand, I'd rather live a miserable life than not live at all." His words scare Gabe and Aden of stage, leaving me, Emily, Miles, and Ethan.
"It look like we need 2 more volunteers now, either gender.
Jerrod, Nathan, and Alex were jumping in their heels, about. To volunteer until they stare at me and I stare at them back.
"No volunteers?
"Calling once?
"Calling twice?
"Very well, we will randomly select 2 students."
He changes every students name into a playing card almost and scrambles them. He taps two squares.
"Cordon and Ana."
Cordon walks to the stage shoulder downs while Ana shrieks and tries to escape the session room, ultimately failing.
"Now that we have enough students, you may now applause for them."
The students are hesitant at first, but they clap.
"Students, you may now go back to your class. Volunteers stay here. Come up into stage if you want to say goodbye."